Chapter Seventeen

A/N- please don't kill me because of the long wait. Thank you. Enjoy...

Chapter Seventeen~ Amity

Frantically following Amity, Dakota, Charlotte, and I raced down the hallway, the flickering red lights illuminating in the bitter darkness. Sirens blared endlessly in our ears as we approached a hidden staircase, leading to our destination- the basement. Our feet slammed against the tile floor, and our hears thumped desperately in our chests as we swiveled around the corners.

We had took our chances in put our trust into Annie since we had no better options. The alarm system had sounded, notifying Harley's army of rouges of The Nightwalker pack's arrival. Butterflies erupted in my stomach at the thought; Colt had finally arrived, but that meant that there would be a war and a nasty one.

Annie had shared that the hidden staircase would lead is down to the basement, where we could escape the awful base. The front entrance and the back entrance would be to dangerous because only in moments they would be swarmed by bloodlust-filled werewolves.

"We're almost there!"Annie called, behind her shoulder.

I would have responded but I was too out of breath and panting like a dog. My feet nearly faltered as howls, grunts, and screams echoed from outside. The noise started escalating as my pack made its way into the base. In the hallway we were in now was completely devoid of other werewolves though. It was a winding passage with zero doors and windows.

Annie slowed down considerably to a slow jog as she approached the end of the hallway- a dead end. I bent down, my hands braced on my knees, to catch my sporadic breath. My body was sore and aching from Harley's rough touches and now it was cramping from the sprint. I tilted my head up just to catch Annie tracing a thin white line in the wall. I squinted to realize it was a door. She pushed gently on it and it flung open to reveal a steep dark staircase coated in cobwebs. How old is this place?

"As I said earlier," Annie panted,"The passage leads down to the basement where the only other exit is. It's a bit of a maze, so I'll guide you down there also."

Charlotte gazed at Annie hesitantly, still slightly paranoid around her, but nodded.

"Where do you think you guys are going," a cold haughty voice cut through.

Us four snapped around and to our dismay came face to face with Roxie, Annie's older sister. Her pixie cut hair was untamed and her eyes held a wild look.

"Roxie, it's over. The NightWalker pack is here." Annie said, taking a bold step forward towards her deranged sister.

"When will you ever learn, little sis. It's not over to the last man falls. The fight has just begun," she purred , prancing closer like a lion closing in on the kill. "It's our duty to Harley to finish what he has started. You can't turn back."

"You seem confident now, but once Colt and the NightWalkers have slaughtered this entire army, you'll be begging for mercy," Dakota retorted.

Roxie cocked her head to the side, examining her. "I know a lot about you Dakota. Alpha's daughter, Beta's mate. You seem like you can take in the entire world with one pinky. Prove it."

It was a challenge, and I knew instantly Dakota wouldn't back down from her. I opened my mouth to discourage her, but instantly was hushed.

"Annie, take Charlotte and Amity out of here, and make sure they'll safe," Dakota order, stepping in front of everyone. "I'll deal with little miss Roxie Casanova."

Annie pushed Charlotte and I towards the dark staircase, but not before taking one more longing glance at her sister and uttering the words,"I love you no matter what."
___________________________________

Chase

The pain was almost immediate. I faintly recalled the situation I was in as Harley's claws sunk into my shoulders and his body was thrown on top of mine. However, before we smacked against the ground, our bodies shifted into our wolves.

I tore myself from Harley, feeling my warm crimson blood trickle out of the gashes, matting my blonde coat.

Gathering my strength, I rose on my four limbs and lunged at Harley, attempting to catch him off guard. Unluckily, he smoothly dogged my attack, and swiped his paw on the underside of my belly. I felt the cool claws graze the tender skin there, but it didn't break it. I landed gracefully, already preparing for a second attack.

Harley eyes locked onto mine, his body lowering, preparing to strike. His brown tail wagged fevers holy behind him, as he claws scraped against the tile floor. That's how we were positioned for a few moments, each waiting for the other to attack.

My heart beat loudly in my chest, and I heard the powerful rush of blood through my veins.

Growling rumbling from his chest, Harley pounced. I tried to dodge home but his mouth caught my hind leg, sinking his canine into me. Blinding white pained flashed before my eyes and I howled in pain, biting back a pathetic whimper.

Noticing my sudden weakness, Harley quickly mounted me, his teeth poised at my neck.

I knew I couldn't win this fight. I was a simple member at my old pack and only trained as a warrior during my times with Harley and Colt. How could I take on a beta, who has been training as an Alpha for pack domination?

I let my eyes flutter shut, as more blood gushed out of my gashes. I let out a final howl, signaling me near death. This is what I deserve. I've never been the best person and mate , so the Fates were punishing me. I only wished I could see Charlotte one last time to tell her how much I love her.

I sunk to the ground in defeat as Harley's teeth broke the first layer of skin on my neck.

I don't know what it is. A change of heart by the Fate, maybe? Or just luck, but abruptly, Harley's massive body was shoved off of me, and a growl emitted from another werewolf. I sniffed the air, and a sudden wave of relief swallowed me. Colt. He was here.

My eyes lifted to find Harley absent, most likely on the hunt for Amity and my mate.

I shifted back gradually, my body taking longer than usual as a result from Harley. I ignored my nakedness though because even though Harley didn't rip out my neck, I was still bleeding profusely out of other wounds. I barley felt the pain though. It felt like I was floating.

Colt, in wolf form, leaned over my bloodied and mangled body. I looked up into his sad blue eyes.

"Go," I whispered, not able to assimilate any other energy. "Harley is looking for Amity. Make sure Charlotte is safe and that I love her. I'll be with Elliot now." My voice was hoarse and cracked, as black started to blind the outskirts of my vision.

Colt looked confused, but still nodded before nudging our heads together in a final farewell. As I watched his retesting form, a sighed escaped my body, and the world went away.

_________________________________

1) this was hard for me to write( don't be sad now *wink* hint *wink*)

2) sorry for the long wait.

3) even though this is rushed and unedited, I feel like it was written well. Please point out any MAJOR errors. not typos.

4) I love you guys

Thanks! Don't forget to...

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

-Sarah