Chapter IX ~Picking up the Pieces~

Last time:
Severus' PoV
I watched worriedly as my mate staggered on to the love seat, shocked by the curve quaffle I threw at him. I watched worriedly as he broke down sobbing and I tried to comfort my mate the best I could after casting a silencing ward on the room as to not disturb the children. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unknown to Severus and Lucius two pairs of small eyes watched the scene with the smaller of the two clutching onto the bigger of the two for dear life.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now:
Septimus's Pov
I was worried that Mama and Daddy were mad at me but my big brother Dray calmed me down. I was tired of waiting to see Mama and Daddy so I convinced Dray to take me to them. I stumbled many times on the way there making me latch onto Dray's arm because the clothing I was wearing was still engulfing me. I was relieved when we finally got to the room Mama and Daddy where in that I could cry. I might anyway because I am so tired. I didn't notice when I started crying but I was startled when someone picked me up.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lucius's Pov
I snapped out of my sobbing when I heard quiet sobs. Looking up sharply I was startled to see a panicked Draco and my littlest one crying his eyes out. I rose quickly and gently scooped up Septimus and rocked him in my arms as I whispered sweet nothings in his ears.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Septimus ~ almost 4
Draco ~ almost 4
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Authors note 📝
I know my update isn't extremely long like most of you have hoped for but my part time job is working me like a full time job and is slowly sucking the life out of me.