Chapter Twelve

Jenna inhaled deeply through her nose. She couldn't fall asleep. Even after taking sleeping meds, having a glass of warm milk and just laying on her bed she still couldn't sleep. 

Sitting up, she sighed and looked down at Cassandra who was asleep on the floor. Normally she'd wake her, but tonight she kind of wanted to be alone. With another heavy sigh, she rolled onto her stomach to try and fall back asleep for the thousandth time tonight. 

Just as she finally managed to fall asleep, a soft touch made her eyes snap open to see Terrance curled into her side, cuddling into her flannel pajama shirt. "Terrance? Are you okay?" She whispered with a soft smile. There was no way she could get mad at him.

Terrance looked startled for a moment before she was able to make out him nodding in the dark. "J-Just a nightmare, I'm sorry. I didn't want to be alone."

Jenna then gently brought her arms around, using them to press the Mini against herself in an awkward hug. "It's okay. I sort of wanted to be alone, but a nightmare can be a horrid thing. Do you want to talk about it?" She murmured gently, using a finger to push his hair back sort of in a petting motion.

Terrance closed his eyes as he recalled the awful images. Jenna lying in the middle of the floor in a pool of blood. Her mother crying over her. Chris standing in the room with a shotgun. Tears began to trail down his cheeks as he buried his face against her chest. "I-I don't want to." He whispered, his voice shaky. 

"Okay, okay you don't have to," Jenna whispered, keeping the Mini pressed against her. "Why don't we talk about something else? How are we going to look for my father?" She questioned, continuing to pet his hair and hold him in a comforting manner. 

"I-I'm not too sure," Terrance whispered, using his shirt to wipe his eyes. "I-If he stayed in the area, it shouldn't be too hard to find him right? Especially if he sees us looking for him."  

"But mom said they both decided it would be best if he left. What if he sees us looking and only goes further away? We should have mom come with us, then he won't have to worry right?" She let out a soft yawn, lying on side with her Mini held close. 

"I guess so," Terrance mumbled with a shrug, cuddling against the brown haired human with a slight smile. "Hey, Jenna?" He closed his blue eyes, nearly falling asleep.

"What is it, Terrance?" 

"Are we boyfriend and girlfriend?" He asked softly, falling asleep before she could even process what he asked.

"Er-" Jenna had to pause, her silver eyes widening in shock at the question. Glancing to the Mini snuggled into her, her shock was replaced with a warm feeling. "Yeah, I guess we are." She whispered, pulling the blanket over them both. "Sleep well, Terrance."

Terrance only smiled in his sleep, his own silver-gray hair falling into his face as he managed to rest peacefully the rest of the night.