Chapter Six

Jenna grinned happily, sitting down in her usual seat with Cassandra right behind her. "I'm so excited for you to meet Terrance." Her silver eyes glistened in the sunlight that shown through the window, revealing the happy glint in them. 

"I'm excited to meet him. Any guy that can get you worked up like this I'd die to meet." Cass looked at her and smiled brightly. "Is it because you have a crush on him? Huh? Huh?" She poked Jenna's arm with a laugh.

"Shut up. No. Besides, I just met him yesterday night. In fact, I barely know him. So how could I possibly have a crush?" Leaning her head against the glass of the window, Jenna closed her eyes. Was it even possible to like someone you just met? Sure, he's attractive for a six-inch tall teen, but he was small. And to be honest the fact he knew a lot about her creeped her out.

"That never stops anyone in a Disney movie. Take Sleeping Beauty for example. She met the guy, fell in love, then married him after he kissed her 'dead' body. How's that for-" Cassandra was interrupted when Jenna threw a wadded up piece of paper at her.

"That's fiction. Besides, the Brothers Grimm is so much darker than that. I'm not even going to go into details." She laughed. "Oh, and will you need to borrow pajamas? The good thing about us is that we're the same size, so we don't have to worry."

"Of course. Do you see me getting off here?" Cassandra looked out the window as the bus drove past her home.

"Nope. Anyway, I have to ask you a favor. When you meet Terrance please don't try and grab him. And stay calm, he's rather timid around new people." Jenna sighed as she slung her book bag over her shoulder and rose from the seat as the bus pulled up at her house.

Cassandra paused, looking at her best friend with a confused look. "Grab him? What do you mean Jen?"

"You'll see. Let's just get inside and upstairs before Chris- Oh, no, too late. There's his car, he's already here." Frowning, Jenna's grip around the strap of her bag tightened. "Let's hurry then." She walked to the front door, pausing for only a moment before swinging it open.

Chris sat on the couch with his eyes closed, T.V. remote in hand. He appeared to be sleeping, much to Jenna's relief as she and Cassandra quietly moved past him in hope not to disturb him.

Once they made it to her bedroom without any trouble, she closed the door and locked it as she let out the breath she had been holding. "Alright. Now," She lowered her voice to a whisper, "I'll call him out."

Cass once again looked at her friend with confusion written all over her face but only nodded as she looked around the bedroom.

"Terrance? I'm home." Jenna called out gently as she scanned the floor, a smile creeping onto her face when she spotted the small figure crawling out from under her bookshelf as he had done this morning. 

Terrance heard her voice call out to him and grinned widely. It felt like days waiting for her to get home from school and immediately ran to his exit in the wall. Without hesitation, he crawled out from under the giant bookcase then froze. Jenna was there but so was another human. He stared at the blond as his heart began to pound, his limbs stiffening, finding himself unable to move. Before he could bring himself to focus, fingers encircled him. 

Panic shot through him and he began fighting the grip which only tightened and he shut his eyes tightly as he waited for something else. "Terrance?" Jenna's voice called out again from above him. She sounded worried. 

Slowly opening his eyes, he took in his surroundings. He was in Jenna's hand, in her bedroom. Not back there. Not where it all happened. "J-Jenna...?" He stuttered out. He could feel himself shaking horribly.

"Yes, it's alright. What's wrong? You seemed terrified, I-I didn't mean to scare you that badly, I didn't even mean to scare you at all." Frowning once more, Jenna moved the Mini into her palm and took a seat next to Cass on the bed. 

"I-It's just memories. I'm so sorry." Bringing his knees to his chest, Terrance looked to the new human with a frown. What if she was a scientist? What if Jenna already betrayed him? No. Closing his blue eyes again, he pushed those thoughts deep down. 

"It's okay. Oh, this is Cassandra. You can call her Cass though. And Cass, this is Terrance. He's a Mini. Careful though, he's still pretty scared." Looking to her blond haired friend, she smiled when she saw the excitement but fear in Cass's eyes.

"He's so...small. It's so freaking cute! Can he do anything, like, to hurt us? Or is he just a little human? Oh my gosh, he's adorable!" Cassandra squealed, putting both hands over her chest as her brown eyes looked over the Mini.

Terrance felt his face heat up and he turned his head away, hearing a laugh from above him and looked up to see Jenna beaming down at him. "I had a feeling you'd react this way, besides, you're the only real person I'd trust with seeing him." She hummed, placing the small boy down onto her bed to let him relax a little more. 

Looking up at both humans, Terrance suddenly felt a little claustrophobic. He didn't like being stared at. He felt like an animal. Like some freak. His head drooped as tears began to well in his eyes and he turned away, taking off to the edge of the bed. 

He ignored Jenna's pleas for him to wait as he climbed down the covers, he ignored is own aching muscles from the night before and just ran to the bookshelf and dove under it.

Jenna watched the Mini disappear under the shelf with a deep frown. "I...I don't understand it Cassandra."

Cass shrugged, looking at her friend before hugging her tightly. "Don't worry. He said something about memories. Maybe he remembered something he'd been trying to forget?" She suggested, trying to make her feel better.

"Maybe." Jenna lowered her eyes to her hands. "But if so, what happened that was so terrible, he'd run away from me?"