Chapter One- Team 7

Team 7

" Airi...come on. We're leaving."

"Oh! My apoligies brother..."
"Ya Airi! What were you thinkin about? Boys?"
"SHUT UP KANKURO!"

"Ohh, so it was boys. So who is it? Hachiro?! Oooh or Isamu?" Temari teased.

"You two shut up. My little sister does not think about boys," Gaara turned his head towards me. "Or do you...if so tell me, i'll kill them."

"Brother...i do NOT think about boys."

"Alright then...lets get moving." Gaara walked ahead while me and temari drifted back behind Kankuro.

"So who was it?"

"Hideki. Hehe. He asked me out!"

"Shh, not so loud! they'll hear you! Gaara and kankuro are protective enough! So...what'd you say?"

"I said i would think about it."

"No way! You should definately say yes!"

" What are you two talkin about? Sounds like something you dont want us to hear." Said Kankuro facing me and temari.

"OH! Hahah! its nothing big brother! Nothing at all." i finished the last sentence slowly, kinda like the way kankuro talks, alot of sarcasm in that.
"Ahh, i see, so whens your date with hideki?" Gaara then turned around and looked as if he would kill me.

" Hideki huh? Lets go back i need to finish him off."
"I dont have a date with him! I-i-i said no!" Gaara then stopped.
"I'll deal with him later then."
Kankuro's pov
She's so cute when she calls me big brother! Temari is a little older than me so she gives me a bunch of crap if i protect her from boys i dont want her dating but Airi's my little sis so i have power over her! Score one for the cat dude! I smiled as she sighed in relief and ran over to gaara and held his arm. Of course he just kept that same look on his face. Even with his twin...He needs to be nicer to her! Whatever..heh.Airi's pov
"You have no need to do that brother. I'm sure being rejected is enough hurt."
"Why is that?" Gaara asked in his normally cold tone.
"A wound to the heart...is harder to heal than a wound to the body" I remember what our so called "uncle" told him a while ago. A wound to the heart is harder to heal than a wound to the body. And thats exactly what gaara has.- Though it doesent seem like it...he shows affection for me. Not much..no not much but enough to make me feel important.- Since gaara has that stupid Shukaku sand spirit in him he was shunned by most of the village. It is unfair! And he thinks its HIS fault mommy died.
But honestly since im the younger one...it was mine...Gaara he was the first born out of the two of us...so he took the shukaku...and i got nothing...as far as i know...im nothing special just an average konoichi. Nothing special..im not a genius i dont have a kekkai genkai i dont even have a special weapon! I'm completely useless. But my brothers protect me and my sister gives me advice. People...they think im... happy. Which i am! But i worry about gaara. He secludes himself. He doesent even trust temari or kankuro...ok mabye just kankuro but its kankuro! I ran up and looped my arm around gaara's. I smiled and giggled.
" Aww look Airi's real crush is her brother!" I swung around-unlooping my arm which made a sad gaara- and stomped up to kankuro-who had made the remark.
"I. AM. NOT! Havent you EVER heard of TWINS!? Your so stupid Kankuro! You make me so mad sometimes!You should just go d-" I felt sand looping around my waste. I turned and looked at gaara. "Yes brother?" He didnt say anything just brought me closer with his sand and when i was close enough picked me up and put me on his back. I giggled. "Thank you gaara-kun!"

"Welcome...Kankuro leave airi alone..or i'll kill you."

"sorry gaara-sama." I turned and stuck out my tongue to kankuro and he stuck his out to me and smirked. I hugged gaara. You may ask...how am on his back when he has his sand gourd?(Which i dont have) Well it was floating! Shukaku likes me so he is nice to me! Well you know nice for a sand spirit that is. I started singing a song i had heard on the radio.

"Oh god i did the wrong thing, to the right girl, My mind was only in it for a minute, had a bad fling with a good girl, I was stupid and dumb not giving a, The blank stare out the window, if i could just sober up i could just admit, i did the wrong thing to the right girl it was your world baby and i just lived in it!" Temari giggled. Kankuro smiled and gaara well...its gaara he smirked.
"Airi...Shukaku likes your singing...sing more."
"Yes Sir!" I said fake saluting. Teamri laughed again.

"Bum bum bum bum bum bum bumb bum bum bum bum BUM BUM! Mr. sandman!Bring me a dream! Bum bum Bum BUM!Make him the cutest that i've ever seen. Bum bum bum Bum. Give him two lips like roses and clovers! Bum bum Bum BUM!Then tell him that his lonesome nights are over!" Kankuro and temari than BURST out laughing! I was chuckling my self.

"Shukaku wont stop laughing...and neither will you guys..whats so funny." he asked in a cold but curious tone like when her was younger.

" The song reminds us of you! Mr. sandman!" He glared at me for a second then looked away.

"Sing a different song...that one annoys me." He said monotonely.

"Okay okay! Yeesh!" 

"little child, be not afraid
though rain pounds harshly against the glass
like an unwanted stranger, there is no danger
I am here tonight
little child, be not afraid
though thunder explodes and lightning flash
illuminates your tear-stained face
I am here tonight
and someday you'll know
that nature is so
the same rain that draws you near me
falls on rivers and land
on forests and sand
makes the beautiful world that you'll see
in the morning
little child, be not afraid
though storm clouds mask your beloved moon
and its candlelight beams, still keep pleasant dreams
I am here tonight

little child, be not afraidthough wind makes creatures of our trees
and their branches to hands, they're not real, understand
and I am here tonight

for you know, once even I was alittle child, and I was afraid
but a gentle someone always came
to dry all my tears, trade sweet sleep for fears
and to give a kiss goodnight

well now I am grown
and these years have shown
that rain's a part of how life goes
but it's dark and it's late
so I'll hold you and wait
'til your frightened eyes do close

and I hope that you'll know...

everything's fine in the morningthe rain'll be gone in the morning
but I'll still be here in the morning"
(Lullaby for a stormy night by Vienna Teng)
" I liked that one." Kankuro said when i was done.
"Ya but it made me sleeeeepy"
"Get some rest." Gaara said and i obeyed leaning my head on his shoulder.

" Airi wake up...." I slowly opened my eyes trying to adjust to light. I looked around. We were at the Konohagakure gates. In the fire country. I hopped off of Gaara's back and his gourd flew to his back resuming its place.
" Hey sister here's your passport." Temari said. I decided to look cute for the villagers-and brothers- and hold her hand. She laughed and whispered in my ear,

"Good call we might be able to get a nicer appearace. Ha like that would be easy to do since we have those two." I giggled. Me and temari are very VERY close. Since we're the only girls we are pretty much best friends. We never fought once.

"Aww look the sisters are being retarded again!" Thats it! He wont stop freaking annoying me!

"SHUT UP KANKURO YOUR JUST JEALOUS BECAUSE YOUR NOT A GIRL AND YOU DONT HAVE SIBLING THAT WOULD DO THAT! STOP TEASING ME YOUR BEING MEAN! JUST STOP IT! I WISH YOU WOULD JUST GO CRAWL UNDER SOME SAND AND DIE!" Every one stopped.Thank god we waited outside of the gates for a little bit so no one heard us. Gaara looked infuriated that kankuro made me mad. Temari was smirking like she finally got to see my bad side. And kankuro...he looked between victorious,heartbroken and surprised. I flung my head down.
"I-i'm sorry brother! Im so sorry! I didnt mean it!"

"Dont apoligize to kankuro airi...he doesent deserve it. Gaara grabbed my hand and led me into the village. I swear i saw kankuro smirk! That jerk!
Temari's pov (Temari: About time! Me: Yahahha!*pumps fist into air* Temari:*shakes head* Me: What?)

Hm, so that thing sealed inside of her does have alittle strength on her. That or she was just REALLY pissed at kankuro. But DAMN gaara looked angry. I better stay away from him. Kankuro walked over to me.

"Well...our plan worked..."
"Ya, i honestly didnt think she would be so mean. Well, she is gaara's sister."

"Ya and we're his older brother and sister! Jeez kankuro i think you went to far."

" Shut up Temari like you could sugar coat it."

"I was enjoying holding her hand."

"Whatever lets go check in."
Airi's povA couple hours have passed from that little incident. I was walking with gaara when he stopped.

"Kankuro is messing with someone...mabye he'll kill him...>:)" I took a step away from gaara when he said that. He didnt seem to notice. He walked over to a tree and walked up it. How the HECK does he do that?! I followed but decided to walk behind the tree like...a normal person...>_>. I saw a rock fly from the tree i was hiding behind.

I looked up and a pale skined, dark-duck butt-haired boy wearing blue ninja shirt with a fan on the back, white ninja shorts and blue ninja shoes. Well he apparently through the rock and it hit Kankuro.Heh serves him right! The blonde boy-who was yelling at kankuro to put the little boy kankuro was terrorizing down-took a step back. The young boy kankuro was threatening ran behind him. Right next to the blondie was a-pretty- pink haired girl. I found out the blondie was Naruto and the little kid was Konohamaru.

"Loser" The boy with duck butt hair said.

"Sasuke!" The pink haired said getting all fangirly.
"Hey boss why arent you cool like that" Konohamaru said.
There was two kids around naruto now. One with orange hair in to pigtails but they were standing up on her head and she had cute little red cheeks. The other one had snot dripping from his nose and had this rimmed glasses. Their names were apparently Moegi and Udon.Kankuro then got annoyed and pulled out crow.

"Kankuro! Your not really gonna use the crow are you?!"
"Kankuro...your a disgrace to our village...stop fooling around.."Brother said coming down from a branch right next to the so called Sasuke.

"W-we're sorry gaara." Temari said in fear.

"But they challenged us you see-"

"Shut up...Or i'll kill you."
"Yes gaara, i was out of line. im sorry i w-was out of line."

"I am sorry for any trouble he has caused you." Gaara said teleporting with his sand from the tree to a spot next to temari and kankuro.

"Brother.." I whispered.
Duck butt looked down at me wide eyed not realizing i was there. His eyes widened more when he saw the resemblence between me and gaara. So he notice the look in his eyes already? Temari was still blushing-from seeing sasuke...pfft sisters- when she said, "Airi where are you?" I stepped out behind the tree.

"Right here sister." I replyed proudly. I smiled at gaara. He nodded back. I leaned against the tree and crossed my arms at the same time gaara crossed his. What a coincidence. It must be Twinicale powers! Muahaha!

The pink haired girl looked to me with shock than-what i presume- eyed me a second looking for my headband. I lifted it from the brown leather strap-that mean and gaara both had that we used to carry weapons...well i did- and showed it to her. She blinked and i mouthed "Sand village" She nodded and smiled at her. I smiled back.She's nice!

Gaara then glanced towards me signaling they were leaving and pretty much asking if i wanted to go with them or stick around. I shook my head and he sighed. Kankuro looked at me and smirked. In kankuro country that meant be careful.

"Come on lets go we're not here to play games" 

"Hey wait! By looking at your headbands," she passed a glance at me smiling," Your from the Village hidden in the sand. I know the fire country and wind country are allies but Shinobi from another country cant enter anothers village without permission. State your purpose."

"Where do you live? Under a rock?Of course we have permission. We're here for the chunnin exams." Temari said holding out her chunnin exam passport. "Get the picture?"

"The chunnin exams? What that?Well i've never heard of any chunnin exams. Believe it." Naruto asked with squinty eyes. Makes sense he has pure blue eyes. The sun must be hard on them...just then i saw a crow fly by. Isnt that the signal for the jounins with teams to have them participate in the exams?

"I believe it all right that your totally clueless."

"Hey boss those are the exams a genin has to take to become a full on chunnin." Konohamaru said with moegi by his side.

"Oh! Than why didnt you say so i am so there!"

"Heh" Gaara well...i really dont know what that is. Heh...crap now im doing. Hn...nah...heh...Grr! Quit it Airi! Jeez sometimes i think i have a.d.h.d or a.d.d..Gaara turned around and started walking being followed by temari and kankuro. Sasuke jumped down from the tree then.

"Hey wait whats your name." He more demanded than asked.

"Who? Me?" Temari said blushing and flirting. She's so boy crazed! Its hilarious!

"No. The one with the gourd." Gaara than turned around.

"My name is Gaara of the desert. Im curious about you to. Who are you?"

"I am Sasuke Uchiha." A wind passed by and blew may hair around.

"Hey! I bet your dying to know my name!" I laughed! Haha dying...get it because he...nevermind.

"I couldnt care less." Than my three older sibling jumped off, most likely back to the hotel.

"Hey konohamaru, I am uncool or something?"

"Well compared to Sasuke, your pretty lame."

"KYAAA! I wont let you show me up sasuke!"

"Hn , back off loser." I then stepped away from the tree i was leaning on.

"Excuse me. But i would like to know your name." I asked smiling. They all looked up.

"Right...your the girl that was hiding behind the tree." Sasuke said.

"Hey! You look ALOT like that Gaara freak!" I got an irk mark and im eyebrow twitched.

"First! He's not a freak! Second! I'M HIS TWIN SISTER!!!" The three academy kids jumped back behind naruto as a dark aura surounded me as i was still annoyed.

"Hn, dont listen to the loser...I am Sasuke Uchiha, Who are you." My dark aura went away and i became happy and bubbly making the kids come out from behind naruto and move closer to me.

"I am Airi!"

"Hi airi!" Sakura giggled. "I am Sakura Haruno! Its nice to meet you! Your nothing like your brother!" She said shaking my hand and i happily shaked in return.

"Hehe! Ya i know he can be very cold. And its nice to meet you too! By the way i think your hair is pretty!" She smiled bigger.

"Thank you! I like yours its so rare!"

"HIYA! IM NARUTO UZUMAKI! BELIEVE IT! I LIKE RAMEN IN A CUP BUT HATE THE THREE MINUTES YOU HAVE TO WAIT FOR IT TO HEAT UP! BELIEVE IT!" i giggled.

"Oh! And my dream is to become the hokage! BELIEVE IT!" I laughed and shook his hand.

"Hi Naruto!"

be careful, dont get too used to them, somethings coming. 'what the? wh-who's saying that! Why are you in my head!' i thought to the strange voice. that doesent matter now, enjoy yourself now. I will protect you when the time comes. The strange voice disappeared.

" Hey so are you guys going take the chunnin exams?" I asked to the three.

"Oh! Im sure we are!" Sakura exclaimed.

"Hn, it will be easy."

"YA BELIEVE IT! THEN I'LL BE ONE STEP CLOSER TO HOKAGE!" I smiled with my eyes closed.

" Well good luck to all of you!" They all gave me good lucks too.

Warn them...'Umm...o-okay' I told the voice.

"Oh and if you want to survive in the forest," My voice got deadly serious which made them pay more attention. "Dont.fight.gaara. You will surely die." I looked up to them with pleading eyes. They nodded yes and turned to leave as did I.

"Hey! Wait Airi!" I turned around to see sakura running after me.

"Yes sakura-chan?" She scribbled something down on paper.

"Here! Here's my phone number." Naruto then ran up with two pieces of paper. I took out three pieces of my own paper-that i actualy write my phone number on before hand just in case- and gave one to sakura and the other two to Naruto. Sakura waved and skipped away.

"Here its mine and sasuke's number. I was just waiting for sakura to leave. She uh...is one of the...um" Naruto struggled to find the right word. " One of the 'fangirls' of sasuke?"

"Haha, yea" He said putting his hand behind his head. I laughed.

"Thats fine i think sasuke turned my sister into too. Grr now i have to hear her ranting!"

"You can come with us if you want!" I blushed. "U-um no thats fine! I dont want to intrude! Besides you gotta train for the chunnin exams! Besides wont you keep you sensei waiting." Sakura and naruto laughed.

"no! He's always at least three hours late!"

"Haha! Well good luck! Sakura! We she totally get together sometime!"

"Yea! I'll call you kay?"

"C'mon losers lets go." Naruto ran off waving as sakura just waved real quick trying to cling to sasuke. And sasuke...well he actually waved to me. Not just a nod. Cool.

aww look he likes you! How cute! So Kawaii!!!

'WHO ARE YOU!!!??'