Chapter Fifty-Four

Start from the beginning

"Yes," I reply. She gives me the stink eye and writes on her little notepad.

"The doctor will be here shortly," She says and leaves us alone in the cold room.

I pull out a magazine from the side slots and begin reading it. To my luck it's a 'New Fathers' issue from this year. The irony. I flip through it and most of the pictures are of dads with their kids playing or feeding them. There was a funny one of a guy changing the kids diaper and his face was priceless. I took a picture and sent it to Edward.

"Knock knock," the doctor comes in. Here we go.

Edwards POV

"Ey look at this," I laugh and show Tia the picture on my phone.

"What the hell?" she giggles.

"Harry sent this to me," I lay on Tia's lap while she watches TV.

"Do you think he's nervous?" Tia sighs and runs her fingers through my hair.

"Course. He's probably shitting himself by now," I laugh. The thought if Harry being a dad never came across my mind. It's fucking weird if you tell me, but if it's his kid or not, I'm sure he'd be a great dad.

"So how many kids do you want?" Tia asks out of the blue.

I start coughing hysterically and my phone falls to the floor, "what?"

"No, I mean how many kids do you think you have but you don't know about yet?" he stares down at me.

"What?" I repeat.

"I know you've been getting around while I was gone," she raises her brow at me.

"Trust me," I finish my coughing session, "I have no kids....I think?"

I joke and she slaps my head.

Marcel's POV

Veronica was taken away after I called the police on her dad. She's been gone for three weeks. My parents still don't even know I hid her here for about a week. School has been dreadful the past couple of days because I miss her, and Leeroy isn't help because he's always talking about her and how me misses her too. Plus I have no contact with her for a while.

My phone rings and I answer without looking at the caller i.d.

"Marcel?" It's Olivia.

"Oh hi Olivia," I sigh.

"Is everything alright?" she asks.

"Yeah..," I lie, "I'm sorry if I sound off today."

"Well you've looked kind of off yesterday at school," she giggles.

I laugh with her, "yeah well."

"I just wanted to check on you," she says.

"How thoughtful," I smile, "thank you."

"So I was wondering," she pauses, "I haven't really talked to you in a month so I was wondering if maybe you wanted to hangout today? Only because I don't want you to be bummed out on a Saturday."

It's nice talking to Olivia after a while. I would love to hangout with her but I'm bummed that Veronica's gone. Then again I don't want to be stuck here, but then again it's snowing outside and it's December. But then again, okay I need to stop overthinking this.

"Sure," I accept her offer.

"Really?" she cheers, "well do you want to go skiing?"

"I don't really know how to ski?" I admit.