I looked at both of them not moving a muscle or speaking a word. "Like yeah cool name you got there, but what are you trying to do? Grab attention? Be mysterious and all? I mean, obviously that's not your real name, so what's your name newbie?" my eyes slid from her to the girl beside her, who had a small smirk on her lips, boringly.

"I bet you have a tongue in there, can you use it or can't you hear me or what's up with you?" she pushed me slightly. The people who were around laughed. I lowered my gaze to the place where whatever kind of creature touched me at, then looked back at her.

I'm not going to create a problem on my first day here. I'm not going to create a problem on my first day here. So, I took a deep breath and made to leave.

But, before I could go anywhere, I felt her hand on my arm, stopping me and making me face her once again. "Where the hell do you think you are going? I'm talking you know," she snapped. I pulled my arm out of her grip and looked her deep in the eyes. Don't make me do this the hard way.

"Is that you trying to scare me? Because I'm not scared," she said in a bitchy tone, then she closed her eyes and took a breath. "Okay. How about we start this again? I'm Maia Jones," she stated then pointed to the other girl standing next to her. "This is Lilian, a friend of mine, now what's your name?" she asked, speaking each word in the last sentence slowly and clearly whilst pointing at me like I was a little kid who couldn't understand English.

"Black," I said for the second time today, using the same tone she used a minute ago, then gave them one last look and walked away. They looked annoyed and I was happy they were, let them get annoyed. Let them know that I wasn't the type of girl who would get scared of how they talked to her. Let them know that it was for the better to leave me alone.

~

The first few classes were finally over and it was lunch time, I couldn't be happier that the day was almost coming to an end. I walked into the cafeteria where I found an empty table at a dark corner in the back. Perfect.

The high school cafeteria.

A place that is full of people who are just nothing alike. People who would only practically all sit together under such situations.

Every high school there is has four types of people. 

They differ from table to table.

The popular table; the table that everyone looks at, where cheerleaders and basketball players sit at. Those who are either assholes and bullies who think they own the school or are sweethearts who got involved with the wrong group of friends.

Then there are the genius kids who are in a bazillion clubs and are A+ students.

And the bullied students who sits at a table alone because everyone thinks they are too cool to talk to such people, and acts like they are some kind of disease that would infect them.

Then there are the normal ones who are scattered around the place.

A typical scenery in a high school cafeteria.

My high school was different. I come from a small town, so almost everyone knew the other. Cafeterias was a place where we all used to catch up, if not on the same table then from across the cafeteria.