Stand off, kind of, I guess

~~~~Kenzie's POV~~~~

I started to run. By run, I mean I full on sprinted down the hall. I almost fell due to the pouring paint, which was thankfully dying out. I tripped over the newly formed lumps on the ground. I felt some pride for my work, then I remembered that I was being chased by a 1000 year old fox which was possessing my best friend.

Fun.

I heard them appearing behind me. I also knew that the Nogitsune was walking slowly and menacingly.

Why can't they find a better hobby? I mean really?

Then I saw the Oni in front of me, causing me to stop over the paint. I fell on my ass hard. They advance towards me, I didn't have time to get up so I crawled back.

I turned to see the Nogitsune behind me. Fuck! I mean why can't I get a break?! Why?

"Improves! The mutts are coming, very slowly."

Great. I felt the paint slowly stop coming down. Well, that makes things easier.

"So, you done?" He asked as he moved closer to me. The paint was dripping off my hair, flattening it with a variety of colors. I felt my tank top slowly start to stiffen. There goes my favorite top.

"Maybe, maybe not. I haven't decided yet," I said calmly, even though my heart was pounding.

"Even in the face of death, she's still sarcastic," He walked closer to me. I could clearly see a knife in his hands. It was curved with written words on it.

"Three times now, that should be a record, don't ya think?"

"Really? That's the best you got. You're doomed," The Nemeton said beside me. I rolled my eyes at her comment. If she was so helpful, why doesn't she make the Nogitsune and the Oni disappear?

"Well, lets make this easy," He played with the knife as he crouched in front of me. Stiles usual brown eyes full of hope were now full of chaos and pain. The green was taking over the brown. I knew that meant the Stiles I knew, was dying. Shit.

"Let's not, like really. I have a test tomorrow and I want to pass." Wow, Kenzie! That's the best you had? Yes, yes it was in a life and death situation, again.

Before he could jabbed the knife in me, I kicked him as hard as I could. Then everything fell into slow motion.

The paint flying off my shoe as it made contact with his chest. The Oni slowly taking out their swords. The pack running towards me, their claws were coming out slowly. Everything was slow.

Until it started to speed up again. The knife moved closer to my neck. The pack gaining speed. My foot increasing to force to Void's stomach. Then it was normal speed again.

The Nogitsune was soon a few feet away from me, due to the impact of my kick. I heard Malia and Ethan jump on the two Oni behind me. I got up as quickly as I could. I felt someone grab my arm and pull me towards the pack. The paint dipped off of my hair as I was covered in it.

"Well that's not fair."

"Like this had been fair," I mumbled under my breath.

Scott shoved me behind him. I felt a pounding noise echo through my head.

"That's the Nogitsune, its power rising. We are losing," The Nemeton said from behind me. I jumped a little. This unfortunately caught the Nogitsune attention.

"You are seeing her aren't you?" He took a step closer to me. Scott took a step closer to the Nogitsune. Malia and Ethan managed to kill the Oni with a sliver knife they had. I had no idea where they got that from. I'll question them later, I thought.