Chapter One|| A little freedom never hurt nobody

Start from the beginning

"Already leaving so soon?" I heard seeing Lisa, our receptionist, typing away.

"Yeah! Late!" I said bluntly quickly leaving the station hearing her soft laugh after.

This is the third time this month I've been late. He is going to kill me.

Eric Montgomery was my boyfriend of two years. We lived in the Power Pack until we moved recently to the Rampant Pack. It was more free and lively and I loved everything about it. So, the second it was available for people to join, I was begging Eric to move and he eventually caved.

After getting in my car and speeding off, I grabbed my phone from my purse seeing his miscalls and put it to my ear after hitting his name to call him back.

"Where are you?" He gritted out as he picked up.

"Babe! I'm so sorry, the session today went over later than expected." I responded and heard him let out a humorless chuckle.

"That seems to always be your excuse." He said and I fought the urge to roll my eyes.

"Because it is the truth! I'm sorry I have an important job I have to work for."

"Important? Important?! You're a radio talk show host. That is not important. I told you I could take care of you, I don't know why you're working anyways." He nearly yelled and I gritted my teeth together turning on our road heading to the house.

"It is important! I help people thank you very much, and I do it because I love it! I'm not going to sit at home being some gold digger who does nothing but live off her boyfriend who works his ass off as a lawyer. I'm not getting that title, Eric." I snapped and heard the phone hang up and I groaned tossing my phone into the seat next to me.

"Great," I mumbled.

I pulled into our driveway and parked. Grabbing my things, I hurried from the car and inside. Once I unlocked the door I froze staring at the dining room table.

It was lit with candles and the food was laid out perfectly. Goddess, I felt so bad.

"Eric!" I called out setting my stuff on the kitchen counter and placed my phone in my back pocket.

"In here." I heard his gruff reply.

I walked into the living room to see him sitting on the couch holding a glass of what looks like bourbon.

"Eric," I said softly and he held his hand up stopping me.

"You know... you give such good advice for people with relationships. Maybe you should start listening to yourself. Maybe then you can be a better girlfriend." He snapped standing to his feet and I flinched from the words.

"Eric," I said grabbing his arm stopping him from walking off.

"What, Katherine? What could you possibly say? Because the old 'I'm so sorry' isn't working for me anymore." I looked into his eyes and they just showed emptiness.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"I'm just great." He said and I sighed looking to my feet.

"Please, let's just have dinner like we were supposed to do," I suggested softly.

"Whatever." He said and I nodded and turned walking towards the dining room.

No matter how mad he was at me, he still pulled my chair out for me and I gave him a small smile sitting as he walked around unbuttoning the two buttons of his suit jacket and sat.

"This looks amazing," I said.

"It's cold." He shot back and I mentally groaned.

He grabbed the bottle of wine and started to open it and pour him a glass.

"I'm sure it's fin-" I was cut off by him slamming the bottle of wine into the wall next to us and I let out a screech scooting backward as it smashed everywhere.

I looked to him with wide eyes afraid he'd come after me next. This side of him scared me. He's been drinking and his anger and drinking never mix.

"Did you lose a case today or something? What has gotten into you?!" I asked quickly standing to my feet. "You're scaring me again," I added backing up from his silent state.

"That was not my intention." He spoke softly still not meeting my eyes.

"I-im going to go." I mumbled and he stood to his feet.

This always happens, we argue, he gets mad, and then he scares me and I run. I stay low a couple of days to let him cool off and then I come back and we make up.

"No. You're going to eat dinner. I didn't go through all this trouble for nothing." He stated and my eyes widened even more.

"You can't command me around, Eric," I stated.

"Love, just sit down, please."

My eyes flickered from the door to him.

"Okay, just let me freshen up. This has me all worked up." I said and he let out a breath and nodded.

I walked to the bathroom and quickly shut it and locked it placing my back to it.

Not wanting to take any chances, I walked over opening the bathroom window and took a deep breath before leaping out. This seemed to always happen. He should know better.

I placed my phone from my back pocket on the ground and shifted quickly into my wolf and grabbed the phone with my mouth and ran towards the woods.

I needed to get to my friend's house quickly as possible. 

____________________________________________________________________________

Well... how about that as the first chapter?

Comment what you think will happen next. 

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

Katherine: