Chapter 17

I stared at the reflection of the unfamiliar yet recognizable woman in the mirror. The woman was me yet at the same time she wasn't. My eyes were blue but the woman that stared back at me had deep red eyes. The eyes that a creature like myself would have if they were feasters of human blood. I had drank human blood. I was a monster.

If by some chance I was able to get back with my family I could take a shot that they wouldn't want me. They would abandon me. I was more than enough trouble for them. I almost killed a girl.... Actually no I killed three. Those three girls from school were dead because of me. If I hadn't have harmed that one girl the three would still be alive and I'd probably be home right now watching football with my father and talking about my first game.

"How was dinner" I heard Rome said as he snuck up behind me. I turned around with such speed that I startled myself. Rome caught me and righted me before he laughed. "Human blood it makes you stronger and faster." He whispered to me.

"This is the first time I've ever drank it."

"I know. If you had drank blood before I would have smelled traces of it in your system even years after your eyes changed back to normal from the red." He held out his hand.

I stared at him and very slowly took his hand. The rest of my life would consist of playing a game called 'Pleasing Rome.' If he wasn't happy then I was most likely going to be in pain, I didn't want that. I just wanted to go home and be with my family.

Did they miss me? Were they even looking for me? Was I in this for the rest of my life alone. I felt a tear start to slip down my face before I was being slammed up against the wall. In another instant I felt his strong arm come across my windpipe and block my airway.

"What is that tears?" He hissed. "My wife will not cry, that shows weakness and the weak never survive. The weak are the first to die." He finished as he pressed harder up against my throat.

I was literally gasping for air when he released me and I immeadiately crumpled to the ground.

"Don't ever touch me like that again!" I gasped.

I was quickly lifted to my feet before I was thrown across the room. Before I could hit the floor I was grabbed around the neck and held in midair.

"Remember who the man of the house is love." He said before passed out from lack of air.

I laid unconscious on the floor. It was as if I was hovering over myself watching my unconscious body. I saw as Rome lifted me from the ground and carried me back to room we had previously been in. Then all was black.

"Have you found her yet Alice?" my mother asked.

The entire living room was busy with the movements of my family. They looked worried and on edge. Nessie herself was asleep in her fathers arms. It must be late. Alice was frozen her eyes widened as she tried her best to search for me in her mind. She suddenly gasped and I saw my uncle Edward looking grim.

"What is it!" My father spoke as he rose to his feet and moved to stand beside my mother.

"She's with the Volturi."

"Is she being held captive!?" My mother exclaimed.

Uncle Edward shook his head. "She has a ring on her finger and her eyes are red."

"She's married?" My father growled.

Alice gowled as well, then she looked up at my mother and father. "Congradulations."

"What?" My father asked as he exchanged a look with my mother and then Edward.

"You are going to be grandparents."

I sat up quickly gasping. "Dad!" I shouted as I looked around the room.

Where was I, nothing looked familiar at all to me. Everything around me was cold and I felt alone. Where was my family? I brought my hands up to wipe my face from the sweat and felt something cold. I brought my hand down and saw it, a ring. I stood up and as I stared at the intricate gold band that was built around a large red stone. The stone reminded me of a drop of blood.

"I'm married?" I spoke to myself.

I felt a breeze and then hands were around me. "Yes, you are."

I turned around slowly and saw him. Rome. I trusted him yet here I was, his wife. Forced into matrimony by dishonesty. There was no love here, not like my mother and father had. There were only lies. The only thing that was for certain was that I wanted to go home and in order to do that I needed to catch him off gaurd. I need to trick him. I needed to make him believe that I loved him.