Chapter 5

After I had finished filling out the 'good grades' contract for the team and getting my uniform and gear assigned to me it was around 4 in the evening. For some reason my parents weren't looking for me or even waiting for me. Weird. That meant I had no way to get home and stupid me didn't bring my cell phone. Great I'm screwed.

I might as well start walking and then maybe Alice will have a vision or something and tell my parents to come and get me. I headed off the campus and began heading down the road. I got about a mile and then a truck pulled up beside me.

"What is a nice girl like yourself doing walking on these roads?" the male asked me.

I shrugged my shoulders as I looked at him. He looked familiar. I took a few steps toward the truck and my face broke into a smile. It was the boy I tackled, the one that told the coach he'd quit if he didn't put me on the team.

"Hey there." I said cheerfully.

He nodded his head. "Do you need a ride?" he asked.

I looked around and the nodded my head. I could obviously take care of myself but I didn't feel like hoarding all this stuff on my back like a pack mule I would look weird.

"Sure why not."

He got out of his truck and helped me put my stuff in the back. I could have done it myself but I guess it was gentleman instinct or something along the lines of chivalry. He then opened the door for me and helped me up into his cab before he got back in.

"So where do you live?" he asked me.

I blushed as I looked out the window. "How about we introduce ourselves first. I only know that you and I are now team mates."

He looked over at me and chuckled before he held out his hand. "My name is Rome I'm a jr at Forks High, I've lived in this town my entire life. I am an only child and I am emancipated."

I looked at him. Emancipated, so he took care of himself. Why?

"My mother died when I was born and my father died last year. It was either get emancipated or get placed in the system." He added.

I took his hand and shook it. "It's nice to officially meet you Rome, I'm Juliet." I smiled. "I'm a sophmore at Forks High and this is my first year here in Forks. I was born here but my parents wanted to show me the world so we lived in several continents. I'm an only child as well."

Rome looked at me with a strange expression while we still were shaking hands. Finally he blinked and then looked away as he dropped my hand.

"You okay?" I asked.

He nodded his head. "I just found your name interesting thats all."

Rome put his truck into drive and then headed on down the road he was already on. "So where to Jules?"

"Just keep going I'll tell you where to turn off at." I told him.

We sat in silence for 15 minutes before I told him to turn. His eyes looked around with interest as he began driving deep into the woods. Finally he came to a stop and just stared out the window.

"You live here?" he asked me.

I nodded my head and got out of the truck. "You want to come in?"

Without a word he shut off his truck and grabbed the keys from the ignition and got out. I watched as he looked around and smiled. I followed his eyes as he looked out at the lake followed it to a small tire swing hanging from a tree in a small meadow beside it. Then he looked up at the house. I wonder what he was thinking.

"Nice place." He said.

I grabbed my bag and slung it over my shoulder with ease and then watched as Rome turned and grabbed my gym bag with my football gear. I honestly didn't know why they made us take our things home with us we wont use it outside of practice.

As we began walking up to the house the doors opened and out came my mother and father who were walking with their hands around each others waist.

"Hi mom, dad." I smiled. "This is my friend Rome he brought me home."

I looked at my mother whose expression wasn't readable and then to my father who looked a bit overly excited. They then walked forward and shook Rome's hand.

"It's nice to meet you, you have a very talented daughter. You must be proud to hear that she is our new Quarter Back."

I saw my mother tense up and realized that was what probably bothered her. Her daughter playing a boys game. My father lifted me into his arms and spun me around before he set me down again.

We did our football foot shuffle and then dropped to the ground and did a push up before he did a little shoulder bump and roared before we began laughing.

"That's my girl." Emmett chuckled.

Rosalie turned and went inside and Emmett soon followed leaving me and Rome to our selves.

"Well lets go inside and set this stuff down." I suggested.

We went inside and headed to the staircase that led upstairs. My room was the first one near the back. Rosalie herself had designed it and it was beautiful. The color pattern had been changed several times from pink to blue to green and then to purple. Purple was my favorite color for atleast another week or so.

I opened my bedroom door and stepped back so he could enter. He set my gear in the corner and then stretched his limbs. I set down my bag and then just looked around.

"So yeah this is my room."

He nodded his head and looked around. "Its pretty neat."

I sat down on the window seat and looked out over the lake.

"Sit down if you like." I told him.

Rome walked over and sat down opposite me and smiled. "Your parents are young."

I shook my head and laughed. "My parents are in their late thirties."

He shook his head. "Lies. They looked like they are in their early twenties."

"Its genetic. My family are like I said super humans. Cullen Syndrome, we stop aging once we hit puberty." I said.

"Well then unless your family is into incest I really don't see how both your parents can have it." Rome said.

He was right. What was I supposed to say now. Think fast. Think fast.

"My mother and father are like 8th cousins or something. I think if I remember it correct my mother and uncle Jaspers great great grandmother was my father's great great grandfather's sister. So in a way we all surprisingly carried the live gene." I finished.

I hoped that in a way that made sense. I hope it was enough to keep him from being anymore suspicious. If he got too suspicious the Volturi might kill him. For some reason unknown I didn't want to lose my friend. So far he was my only one.

I watched as Rome contemplated this and then his face seemed to relax as he gave in.

"Wow that is pretty rare."

I nodded my head. "Rare" I echoed.