Chapter 3

After my gym class it was time for my Math class. I loved math I was not sure why because most normal people hated it. But for me I was fascinated. All my classes were AP meaning advanced placement so it was quite obvious that I was good at it.

I walked into class and took my seat at the front desk in the center. This was my way of keeping focus as my back was to the rest of the room. I was a few minutes early so I saw everyone as they filed in. The last person to join the class right on the bell was Lizzie. Great that stupid girl was in my class. She stopped and looked at for a brief moment before she took her seat to my immeadiate left.

When the teacher came in she threw her hand into the air and waved it impatiently. The teacher spotted her and nodded his head.

"What Miss Tinero." He said.

"I'm afraid we have a lost puppy in our class." She said pointing to me. I glared at her before I looked up at the teacher. "She's a freshman."

The teacher beckoned me foreward and had me show him my schedule. His eyes widened and then his face broke into a smile.

"No you are mistaken she is in the correct class. She is AP Calculus." The teacher said.

"But she is a freshman she shouldn't be here."

The teacher held up his hand to silence her and then introduced me. "This is Miss Juliet Hale she will be taking this class with us."

"I still think she should start from the bottom like every one else." Lizzie said again.

I looked at her and smiled. "Trust me I wouldn't be here if there were other math classes above AP Calculus." I admitted.

The teacher looked at me with interest. "How much do you know?" He asked me.

"Well I know

K-Theory, Point-Set Topology, Universal Algebra, Differential Geometry,
Analytic Number Theory, Combinatorics, Numerical Analysis, Hyperbolic Geometry" I paused for affect as I looked around the class and then at the teacher who looked stunned.

"What did you say your name was?" The teacher asked me.

"Juliet Hale. My mother and father are Rosalie Hale and Emmett Cullen."

"Ahh so you are a Cullen that explains everything." He turned to his class. "I am unaware if anyone has ever met the prestigous Cullen family but they were recently in the paper. Their entire family was the first ever humans to have IQ's between 200 and 250. There family is also the only known carriers of the Cullen Syndrome which was named after Carlisle Cullen himself."

A girl held up her hand. "Excuse me what is Cullen Syndrome?" she asked.

The teacher looked at me. "Would you like to explain?"

I nodded my head and took a deep breath. "Cullen Syndrome was my grandfather Dr. Carlisle Cullens discovery. Him and his wife and their children as well as myself and my cousin all have it. After we are finished hitting puberty we stop aging. We are unable to wrinkle or age. We also all have hi IQ's mine is recorded to be 245, my mothers is 240 and my fathers is 220. My grandfathers is 250 and my grandfather 235. My cousin Renesmee who also goes here has an IQ of 226." I finished.

Everyone gasped in shock and even the teacher who was already expecting a high IQ dropped his clip board.

"I don't have to come to school I just want to. My mother and father encouraged it and said it was a right of passage that everyone needs to experience so here I am." I smiled as I headed back to my seat. "Oh and I am technically a Sophmore I am 15."

When I was back in my seat I turned to look at Lizzie who was staring at her hands or atleast that was what she wanted me to think. I could tell she was peeking up at me from the corner of her eyes.

Class passed by very fast and after 3 corrections on students and 1 on the teacher I was finally finished. I gathered my math book and note book which I brought with me and made my way to my locker to switch it out before lunch. With my AP schedule I took 3 classes a day. AP English AP Math and AP French. Each class was two hours long, each with a break in between and then I had that hour for lunch. Many students would ask why AP and I honestly couldn't give an answer.

As I was heading to the cafe for lunch I was stopped by Lizzie.

"Hey I just wanted to say I'm sorry. I mean the whole punking you thing. You know how it is, top dog roughing up the new mut in the pack." Lizzie said.

I smiled at her. "Of course I understand." I replied in a friendly voice.

She beamed brightly. "So we can be friends?"

I looked at her with a blank expression. "You are kidding right?" I asked her raising my eyebrow slightly.

"No I mean friends like besties."

"Oh you mean like shopping together, checking out the boys, going to the beach, sleepovers at my house sort of friends." I said with an ethusiastic voice that grew cheery with each word.

"YES! It's like you can read my mind." She exclaimed.

The faux smile on my face fell completely and my expression was dead. "Oh well can you read mine?" I asked her in a dead tone. She caught on and her smile disappeared as well. "Exactly I don't want to be your friend. Now if you don't mind I'd like to eat, I heard some kids saying that they were having chili cheese dogs."

I walked off and into the cafeteria where I grabbed my food and found a empty table where I sat down. I has halfway done with my meal when a tall gangly male walked over to me and sat down. I could easily tell that he played on the football team because he was wearing his Varsity Jacket.

I took another bite from my hot dog and looked up at him before I turned my gaze away from him and looked around the cafeteria. After a few moments of awkward silence he finally spoke.

"Hey I'm Kyle, uh are you new?"

I looked up and nodded my head. "How did you guess?" I said as I wiped my mouth.

Kyle smiled. "I've never seen you here before"