Benny's heart shattered after watching the girl of his dreams walk away with the boy who's bullied him and his friends ever since grade school. Their feud has lasted for years until Benny and the gang versed Phillips and his teammates in a game to stop the oppression, the Sandlot won and they hasn't been messing with them since. The brunette boy wished Scarlett had chosen him that evening and then maybe they could've been together instead of her seeing Jacob as he thought they were. Benny couldn't stop himself from thinking about her all of the time, she was stuck in his hair like a piece of chewing gum. He yearned for her but he stayed away because Jacob was seeing her too often.

The boys were currently piled in the living room of the Porter house, watching movies that Helen had recently bought, "Hey uh, where's your bathroom?" Scottie asked, glancing towards the redhead stuffing his face with buttery popcorn.

"Upstairs, it's the first door on the left." Ham informed without moving his gaze from the TV screen.

Scottie nodded before heading upstairs, looking around at all of the family photos hanging from the walls. There weren't many new family photos, most of them excluding Scarlett, she had only a few of her yearly boarding school pictures. His eyes fell on a little girl smiling brightly with a tall man who the girl was identical with, they were hugging tightly and the happiest ever. Scottie wondered who the man was but he figured it was most definitely Scarlett and Ham's dad, he didn't know that he had passed but he concluded that maybe their mom and him gotten a divorce when they were younger as he had met David, their stepfather, a few hours prior.

The boy stepped away from the frame and went over to a wooden door, hoping it was Scarlett's room. He took a deep breath before lifting a shaky fist and lightly knocking on the door.

"What?" Muffled Scarlett from the side of the door, buried under her comforter and multiple other blankets.

"Can I come in?" It surprised Scarlett when an unfamiliar voice replied from the other side of her bedroom door.

Scarlett sat up in her bed, rubbing at the dark circles under her eyes, "Uh, sure."

Scottie smiled, twisting the door knob and entering into the darkened room. The smell of dirty laundry filled his nose and the tips of his ears turned pink when he realized Scarlett was only wearing a bra and underwear, but she didn't seem to mind at all.

"Uh, h-hi Scarlett!" He greeted with an awkward laugh as he scratched the back of his neck. He was never really good with talking to girls, especially pretty ones.

Scarlett stared at him with confusion, "Hi? I never really caught your name."

"Scottie Smalls!" He chirped and held out his hand, making sure to keep his eyes on only her face.

Scarlett slowly reached out for his hand and shook it gently, "Nice to finally meet you after the incident at The Sandlot." She quietly giggled.

Scottie's face turned an even brighter red, with the tips of his ears following in pursuit, "Yeah. That was, uh, quite embarrassing to say the least."

"It's alright, everyone's not good at something on their first try," Scarlett reassured, leaning back on her bed. "So, what brings you in here? Aren't you supposed to be downstairs?"

"I-uh just wanted to say that the guys sure do miss you a lot, probably Benny the most." Something in her heart thumped dramatically at the sound of Benny's name as it rang in her ears, she smiled, something that she hadn't done the past week, "Even though you went with that other guy, uh, Phillips? Yeah! Him. I think they would still forgive you. They do love you lots!" Scottie finished with a wide grin.