27. First Rides

Rage

I can't tear my eyes off her as she is working swiftly and purposefully on my bike. I may not look the part - my bike being in the worst condition that all my brothers' - but I love that Harley. And it represents me, the damage I have inside. She is part of me and she is dented as I am, still rolling though. She is there when I need her and she always delivers.

Seeing Iris touch my bike made me feel hot. It is crazy, I know but as Iris is on her knees, screwing the foot pegs in place in her overalls, her long hair in a clumsy ponytail, her fingers all over my bike, I feel hot. Every touch, every gently stroke, resonates on my skin and I am ready to jump out of it, tempted to go over, grab her and have her touch me like that, bend her over that bike and kiss the hell out of her.

"Check the brakes while you are at it!" Bjorn stirs me away from my fantasies.

"Brakes are fine, boss. Just finishing up."

"How long?" my voice comes out heavier than usual.

"It's almost ready." she turns to me and smiles.

Damn, she has a bit of motor oil on her little nose and she looks like a Rider's wet dream. Every day of the last week I have been dreaming of this ride, the only way to have her against me, touch me. I know exactly where I will take her but I am not so sure whether she will like in or not and that makes me shiver with anticipation.

"I'll be back in a while." I turn my back on the garage and I leave.

I go back into the clubhouse and Tor is having his lunch with Daniel and Ironhand. Runner is leaning back having eaten his full. All turn to me as I go up to them.

"Hey, bror." Tor points at a seat next to him.

I take it and I lift my chin to all those in the table.

"Care to join us?" Daniel says.

"Nah. I am eating out. I am...I am taking Iris out in the city."

Tor stops chewing, Daniel drops his fork, Runner leans in. Only Ironhand just keeps on eating.

"Is that so?" Daniel manages to say.

"You paid a shitload of money to buy her that car, you take her out and she has been living in your room for how long now? What the fuck is going on?" Runner asks.

"You tapping that?" Tor smirks.

"Tor," my voice is icy cold "you are my King and I respect you. But talk about Iris like that again and I'll break your fucking neck."

"Yeah, yeah. You know who told me the same thing a while ago? Bjorn about Ava." Tor's smirk widened "Just saying. You all start dropping like flies on me."

"Not me, brother. No woman can hold me down." Runner hits the table to emphasize his promise.

"Truth be told I expected Bjorn to go down hard. He was the first to marry after all. Last motherfucker I imagined with a Valkyrie is you, Rage. No offence, brother."