Chapter 7 - My First Kiss

here's a picture of Mathew Fynn

Summer's stepdad and Father of Nigel

CHAPTER 7 – MY FIRST KISS

Then it hit me: the pink bike at the front yard and the pink pony toy in his room. Jeremy is gay?

Just when I landed on that conclusion, a little girl appeared in front of me, she’s wearing a pink fairy costume and she was holding a star wand.

“Who are you?” said the little girl while frowning at me.

“Hi there little cutie, my name is Summer. What’s your name?”

Her frown grew even bigger as she said “I’m Candice. You do not look like a princess. I hate you” I was shocked on what she said.

Right then, Jeremy walked to Candice. “What did I tell you?”

Candice glared at him and said “stay in my room but you are not keeping your promise to me, I am your only princess” she said demandingly.

“Candice, you are my only princess. Now run along to your room” said Jeremy looking straight in the little girl’s eyes. Then the little girl glared at me before leaving.

“Sorry about that Ms. Summer, my sister’s quite spoiled” he smiled as he said it.

“It’s ok, I didn’t know Justin has a baby sister” I looked at him narrowing my eyes.

“Well, you really didn’t ask.” He chuckled.

“For a second there, I thought you were gay.” I said with a poker face.

“Ha-ha. Wait, what?” Jeremy said surprised.

“What made you think I’m…I’m gay?!” He said gritting his teeth. He looked really quite pissed. I think I should’ve never said it.

 “Oh…Uh well, I saw a pink pony toy at your room. Sorry.” I said in a pleasing manner. He just shrugged off.

He walked me out of their front yard. He was offering me a ride home but I have to refuse for I have to think of a way to excuse myself to Nigel but instead of thinking of an excuse to Nigel, I feel so stupid to be smiling to myself for no reason. I honestly didn’t know why.

I got home at around eight. I fixed myself, put a serious look on my face and opened the door. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw the house is so messy, as in a really dirty messy. Chips and cups are all scattered on the floor. The whole house smelled liquor. Then I heard a glass shattered in the living room. I grab the baseball bat that was hidden in the couch in cases like this and rushed in there. I saw Nigel talking to himself; I guess he was the one that broke the glass.

I walked up to him and said “Hey, I’m sorry for today, I was reprimanded by my teacher and I got detention. So that kinda explains why I didn’t go home early today.”

He just looked straight in my eyes. The gaze of his Hazel Green eyes was like telling me to spill out the truth, like it knows I was lying. Then he crawls getting closer to me, I was taken aback, for I didn’t know what’s running on his mind right now, and then he just kissed me all of a sudden! After that, I unintentionally slapped him. It was my reflexes. I know he’s drunk but doesn’t he know that I’m still his soon-to-be stepsister? He just sat there in silence. My tears started to fall down on my cheeks. My first kiss! Oh My God. Why? Why did he do that?

“You have no idea how much you mean to me” he mumbled and right after that, he stumbled and fell asleep.

I really don’t know what he means by that but it still is a big deal for me. I was saving my first kiss for Justin. And the worst part of this: I don’t have a choice but to clean all of his mess for Mom would get us both grounded. I was so exhausted from cleaning the house. Nigel was now sleeping in the couch. Nevertheless of what have happened, I put some blanket on him and went upstairs afterwards.     

I really didn’t thought about Nigel. My mind was clouded by the thoughts of Justin. I was a bit disappointed that I didn’t get the chance to know something more about him but I was happy at the same time that I became close to his twin brother. I mean, it’s like fate.

The next day, Michie wasn’t around so I was a bit of a loner. I didn’t really mind being alone. So I sat at my usual seat. Mr. Richards announced that we have a surprise quiz today. Can you believe that? Right after Jeremy tutored me, we’re going to have a quiz. Consider myself lucky, ‘cause I was confident in getting it all right.

Jeremy looked at me and said “Good luck, Ms. Kent”

I smiled at him and said “same to you, Mr. Hudson”

The test is a bit hard but I managed to answer all of the questions. Thanks to Jeremy, I really did a good job.

During Lunch time, I was seating alone at our usual table and by “our” I mean Mitchie and I.

I ate some turkey sandwich then I noticed that Justin wasn’t with his group of friends today, so I went to the rooftop, hoping that he was there. I opened the rusty door to find a tall guy wearing a green striped long sleeve shirt and cardigan pants. I gasp in some air.

“Justin?” I said in a soft voice.

The tall guy turned around and I was stunned to see this guy right in front of me.