Chapter 6 - The "tutor" thing

a picture of Summer's Mom, Grace Kent. xD

CHAPTER 6 – THE TUTOR THING

“I just wanted to tell you, you were beautiful tonight and thank you for giving me another chance.” He said “and-uh Goodnight” he continued and went out of my room immediately not waiting for my reply. I was shocked but I don’t want to think about it. We’re friends now.

I was awake by the sound of the alarm clock. I turned it off and went straight to the bathroom for a shower. I went down and saw Nigel he was preparing breakfast.

“Wow, Nigel. You really are something. Cooking breakfast on your own? Wow.” I complimented.

“Thanks. Eat up or you’ll be late for school” he said flashing a smile. “How come you don’t go to school anymore?” I asked.

“Summer, I may look young but I’m already 22.” He said. Whoa. That wasn’t expected. He looks like 19. I ate breakfast and took off.

I sat at my seat next to Michelle. She was unusually quiet today. “What’s wrong?” I asked.

“Nothing.” She exclaimed.

“Ms. Adams, I saved you when you drowned that’s why, I know when something’s wrong” I said.

“Do you really have to bring that up in situations like this?” She said lightening up a bit.

“Of course, you owe me remember. So what’s the problem?” I asked.

“It’s Damien. Even though I broke up with him, it still hurts” she said as she began to sob.

“Of course it would hurt, you love him.” I said trying to comfort her.

“Correction, it’s loved. It’s in past tense already.” She defended.

“Okay” I said.

“Can you keep me company later after class? I’m not used to going home after class. She said with a pleading look on her face.

“Okay. You know I couldn’t refuse you” I exclaimed.

We ate Lunch at our usual place and all we talked about is how stupid boys are but of course, Justin isn’t one of those boys. Time flies fast and the school bell rang. We were dismissed. Michelle and I are walking at the hall when I remembered that I forgot my Trigonometry book for our Homework.

“Michie, can you wait for me outside? I need to go back at the locker area, I forgot my Trigo book.” I exclaimed.

She gave me a nod and I rushed back to the locker area. I saw Jeremy wearing a red polo with a black shirt inside leaning on my locker.

“So you didn’t forget about our tutor thing this afternoon, did you?” he asked raising an eyebrow.

“Oh shoot. Can you let it slide this time? My friend Michie is-“ I was explaining and was cut off.

“Thought so. I heard you two talking from behind me, remember we have first period together. Tomorrow is it then. See you tomorrow.” He said in his usual tone of voice.

 I was kind of relieved when he said that. He was very understanding. Oh God. Why am I thinking of him? I should be thinking about Justin. I sighed as I run towards the exit of the school.

Michie and I went to the mall and ate in like five different bistros, played in some arcade games and lastly, watched a movie. I had so much fun that day. In fact, I think I would have think that the break up with Damien is for good for I’ve really miss this bond. We haven’t done this since middle school and now, we’re already in our junior year of high school.