Burn(ed) Pt. 2 {Reiji Kotobuki}

A/N: If anyone else as a request, please feel free to comment and I will get started on the request as soon as I can. Here is the second part to "Burn {Reiji Kotobuki}". As requested by: juneaikatsu ! Enjoy!

Reiji POV

I sighed as I read the newspaper. Three days after coming clean about the affair with that groupie and that's all they're talking about now-a-days. I thought back to three days ago, or more specifically, my Kohais' expressions when I said what I did. Disgust, disappointment, confusion; different emotions were written clear as day on their faces. I mean, how could they not feel disgust or disappointment? I mean, even confusion is a proper reaction to the situation at the time. And, as much as I wish I could answer the questions they had about the whole fiasco, I had no answers. Why did I do it? Well, because I felt like it. I missed my wife and I couldn't say 'no' to someone throwing themselves at me; I'm a weak man. What was I thinking while this was going on? Well, I was thinking of my wife, (Y/N); what else could I think of? I looked at the picture of my wife on my phone, feeling tears prick my eyes. Why do I feel sad? I have no right. I just ruined my wife's life, I ruined our marriage. I broke every promise I made, I lied to my wife, the love of my life. Why should I feel sad? Well, I guess the more appropriate term is regret, not sad. I do regret it, I regret it all. I should've been with my wife, I should've called her when I missed her and felt needy instead of throwing myself into the arms of some stranger. I put my head in my hands, dreading the heartbreaking call from my wife to let me know that we're through. Instead, I get a call from Shining Saotome to tell me that we're having an emergency meet up back at the Master Course house. I sighed, completely unwilling to face my coworkers and my Kohais. When I finally did get there, everyone seemed to be in a gloom. Being me, I wanted to smile and help everyone shake off what ever was causing them all to look like their puppy died. Instead, I lowered my eyes to the ground and tried to turn around. "Wait, Reiji." A soft voice called out. I turned and saw Nanami, her eyes were red and puffy. "What happened to you, kiddo?" I asked. She let out a small smile. "It's not what happened to me, it's what's happened to you and (Y/N)." She replied, guiding me over to the couch. I got a sinking feeling in my stomach. "Before I tell you what happened, we have something to say." Nanami said, gesturing Ai-Ai to come closer. Ai-Ai sat next to me and placed a hand on my shoulder as he stared into my eyes. "Kotobuki-san, you have completely screwed up." He said. There was a brief silence before I broke it. "Is that it? I know I screwed up, you don't have to remind me." I said. "You have completely changed the way we look at you. All of us can never go back to seeing you as you once were." He said, completely brushing off my response. "Seriously? Look, I already knew that, you don't have to keep say-" I was cut off by Ai-Ai sighing heavily. "Just, listen okay?" He asked. Wait, what? "Even though you've screwed up horribly, we're all willing to look past that and be there for you. Everyone makes mistakes, some are more severe than others, but no one should have to go through hard times alone, no matter what mistake they've made." He said, giving me a ghost of a smile. I smiled back, sort of. "Thank you guys, for being able to help me through my divorce." I said. "Reiji, you're not getting a divorce." Nanami said, her voice was sort of shaky. Though, I didn't catch the tone in her voice, I have a habit of being dense when I'm happy. "She's not gonna leave me? This is awesome, oh she really is the best. I'll make it up to her, I promise you that, kiddo!" I said, grabbing Nanami's hands. Her eyes began watering and she answered with a breathless voice, "You can't make it up to her either." What? What could she mean by that? My confusion must've shown itself on my face because Otoyan had knelt in front of me, his eyes were full of pity. "Kotobuki-san, we got a call from the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department earlier. They said that on June 24th, three days ago, you and (Y/N)'s house caught on fire." He explained, slowly. Wait, what? Fire? "They thought it was an accident, but they found out it was arson; (Y/N) set your house on fire." Nanami explained, apparently she had calmed down. Why would she do that? She lived there, we lived there! So much has happened there these past five years... "We also found out something else. You might want to sit down for this, Reiji-san." Nanami said. San? She only used that when there was something important to discuss, and that tone wasn't good either. I sat back down, my heart pounding in my chest as I awaited to hear the news. "They found (Y/N) in the park by your house. Reiji, (Y/N) had jumped off the bridge and drowned. She's dead." Nanami said, her voice cracking at the end as she burst into sobs. (Y/N)'s dead? No, no, no, she can't be. "No, no, she's not dead. She's not dead! She can't be dead!!" I exclaimed. "Reiji-san, I know it's hard-" I cut off Hijirikawa-san. "No! She's not dead! You don't know her like I do, I know who I married! The woman I married wouldn't kill herself over a guy breaking her heart, she'd punch me in the face before anything like that would cross her mind!" I yelled. "Yeah? Well she thought the man she married wouldn't do such a thing as cheat on her, then tell the fucking world about it!" Syo said, his voice was dripping with anger. "She thought she knew you too! Obviously, she didn't know who she married. God, I hope you're satisfied with what you've done." He yelled. Syo had been a close friend of (Y/N)'s since we got married, he was like a brother to her and Nanami. His words had encircled my head, endlessly replaying themselves. Was this really all my fault? A week later, (Y/N)'s funeral had taken place. When everyone left, I walked up to the tombstone and traced the letters engraved into the stone head. (Your Name) (Your Middle Name) Kotobuki: Beloved wife, loving sister and a gentle soul, taken too soon. (Your birth day and Month) 1991- June 27th 2015. I felt my tears roll down my cheeks and I collapsed in front of the stone, a hand on the top in order to keep me steady, in which it failed to do so. She's gone, she's really gone. I continued to cry and sob my heart out. I held her wedding ring close to my chest, clutching it so tightly my knuckles turned white. Sunshine... My sunshine... My sunshine is gone. Gone forever. And.... it's all my fault.

A/N: OKAY! So, as I said in a comment, which will be deleted soon, this story has been uploaded and taken down and uploaded and taken down all night because it wouldn't upload the entire story, and I'm not sure why. SO! If it's not completely loaded again, it will be taken down, again, and I won't put it back up until the issue is fixed, and yes, I will notify Wattpad admins about it. To those of you who had read it earlier: Yes, it is different from the version you read. Why? Because I rewrote it. And I made it longer. So, anyways, I hope ya liked it!