Favorite Person {Mikaze x Reader}

Favorite: adj. Something, or someone, you enjoy more than others. But, what defines something as a favorite? Will you just know or is there a guide? These questions rattled Ai Mikaze's brain as he tried to classify you. You see, how Mikaze does things is kind of like people who have OCD: Everything and everyone has a place. A place that can be used to organize the people around him into catagories like friends and family. Mikaze knows that he cares for his band mates, as friends, but you didn't fit that feeling. Mikaze also knew that he cared for his juniors, but yet again you defied those classifications as well. He couldn't quite put a word to how he felt about you. "Hey, Mikaze, if you could be stuck in a room with one person, who would it be?" Ranmaru asked, slightly curious. Mikaze, his band mates and his juniors were all having a sort of vacation and are asking questions to get closer to each other, as per Reiji's request. Everyone was now curious by the tealette's silence. Mikaze wasn't being quiet for anything other than he honestly didn't know who to say. So, after a long thought, he looked at Ranmaru, determination in his eyes. "I don't understand your question." He said, flatly. This caused the group to sigh. "Okay, picture this: You're in a room with no way out and your only company is one person. Now, who would that person be?" Reiji explained. Mikaze just sat there, unable to answer the question. "Okay, do exactly what Kotobuki-san said, but say the first name that pops into your mind. Don't even think." Ren said. Taking in Ren's words, Mikaze thought about the question. Without even realizing it, he whispered a name, just loud enough for the room to hear. "(Y/N)." Some people gasped in shock, some sat there with a knowing smirk. "I see, a lady for populating, huh?" Ren winked. "I don't know what you mean. She and I just get along really well. I can't quite put my finger on it though. To be perfectly honest, I'd prefer her company over anything, anytime." He said, monotonously. Everyone shook their heads, some understand what Mikaze was talking about. Suddenly, Mikaze's phone rang, catching the attention of everyone in the room. Reiji looked over Mikaze's shoulder, a wide grin cracked his face as he read the caller ID. "Speak of the devil!" He shouted. Mikaze answered the phone and stepped outside. "Yes, (Y/N)?" He asked. "I'm just calling to check up. It's weird not having you around, you know?" You said, sounding a little down. Mikaze hadn't picked up on it yet. "I suppose the changes in schedule are a bit on the abnormal side, but it's part of the job." He said, keeping his usual tone. "Yeah, it is a part of the job, isn't it? I guess I'll be seeing you a lot less when you start going on tour." You said. Mikaze managed to pick up on the disappointment in your voice. "(Y/N)? Is there something bothering you?" He asked. You just sighed. He waited a bit before speaking, hoping you could clarify what was going on with you. All while he was waiting, his chest began to feel heavy."I guess I just miss you. You're my favorite person ever, and we get along really well and it just... Sucks not having you around." You explained. It was hard for you to admit when you missed people, and he knew that, which is why he understood what he felt towards you after his heart started soaring after you said those words. "You're my favorite person too, (Y/N). If there was ever anyone I could trust with anything, it would be you." You laughed at the corniness of his statement, but greatly appreciated the sentiment. "So, could I trust you with my heart?" He said after you stopped laughing. You began to howl with laughter, and you said yes. After that, you bid each other goodnight as boyfriend and girlfriend. For Mikaze, it was hard to keep everyone that heard the conversation out of his business for the next couple of days. And if they hadn't seen the RomCom reunion between you both, they would've continued to pester.