Satisfied {Otoya Ittoki}

Your POV

You know, weddings make everyone cry. Tears mean overwhelming happiness for the people who get to spend the rest of their lives together... But, my own tears mean something completely different. Nanami Haruka, my younger sister, just got married to the love of my life. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy she gets to marry the love of her life, and I'm happy he gets to marry the love of his life, but my heart aches to no extent when they're together. Now, with the bridal party giving speeches, I force my tears to dry as I stood up on the podium. I take the mic from Reiji and smile. "Before I begin my speech, let's make a toast to the newlywed couple. To the groom!" I begin, the groomsmen raise their glasses. "To the bride!" I said, raising my own glass. "And to their union!" Everyone follows suit and we toast to my sister, Nanami, and her new husband, Otoya. I quickly finished my speech and sat back down at the bridal party's table and took a few gulps of my champagne. Afterwards, I felt the sudden urge to throw up and rushed to the bathroom. I emptied the contents of my stomach into the toilet and flushed. I decided that now would be a good time as any to cool down. I lock the door to the 10x10 bathroom and lean against the door. I sighed as I felt my tears start up again. Good thing I wore my tear-proof mascara and eyeliner today, huh? I took my handkerchief and dried the tears rolling down my face. From the bathroom, I can hear the music playing, signaling that the dinner was over and the reception dancing has begun. How long was I in here, crying? I laughed at myself. I am pitiful, aren't I? The music changed to something I felt was familiar. "What is this?" I asked myself quietly. It clicked after a few minutes into the song. This is the same song that played when I had met Otoya back at Saotome Academy, isn't it? My memory serves me right and throws me back to that time.

Your POV (Flashback)

Damn it all! I told those idiots in S class to not let anyone hear the damn CD! I ran inside the recording room and found a redhead on his guitar. Wait, the CD isn't in the compartment, so... He's the one singing?? I look up and felt my heart skip a beat. His slightly tanned skin and cherry colored eyes instantly captivated me. I felt the blood rise to my face when his eyes met mine. "Oh, hey! I didn't see you there!" He smiled. Oh my god, he's talking to me!! Oh shit, he's talking to me, answer him! "H-h-hi." I said weakly. He gets off his chair and sets down his guitar. "I'm Otoya, Otoya Ittoki." He said, smiling. "I-I'm (Y/N) Haruka." He stuck his hand out and I gladly took it. "Nice to meet ya!" The next few days were absolutely amazing. We had become close friends, surprisingly, and I figured out that my silly 'crush' on him wasn't going away. He and I eventually wind up doing several projects before the year ended and my bliss was gone. My summer away from Saotome was eventful, some might even say chaotic and I found out that my sister, Nanami, was due to take entry exams for Saotome in the fall. When school had started back up, it was unusually cold and snow had begun to fall and stick to the ground. The day Nanami was supposed to take her entrance exam, I woke up late and she and I dashed out of the house. On the way there, however, we ended up having to hunt down some kid's mom and Nanami ended up being late. She begged and pleaded for the guard to let her in and he refused, even pushing her to the ground. That's when a familiar voice caught my attention. "She was helping someone, why can't she take her exam?" Otoya. My heart stared beating in my throat. God, I missed him. Otoya, me and a few others managed to get the guard to let Nanami inside and she rushed inside. Otoya and I entered and headed towards our respective classrooms. "So, who was that?" He asked me. "Hm? Oh, she's my younger sister." I said, smiling. "Really?" He said, more to himself. I looked over to his face and felt knots forming in my stomach. His eyes were all sparkly and his face held a slight blush. I mean, my sister is very pretty, but I don't think she'd hold an impression like that, unless... I shook my head from the thought and entered my classroom. Later that day, I took Nanami out for dinner to make up for the fact that I was one of the reasons she was late. I couldn't get that expression out of my head and apparently Nanami sensed that I was acting strange. I brushed her off, trying to divert the topic. "Nee-chan, who was that guy? You know, the one with the red hair. You two seemed close." I laughed a little. "Otoya is a dear friend of mine." I smiled. My smile fell when I saw Nanami's expression. It looked exactly like Otoya's from earlier. I shook my head from the thoughts. No, it's just a mirage. You're just shaken up a little bit from earlier this morning. The night had been a little awkward, but Nanami hadn't noticed. Morning ended up coming sooner than I thought and Nanami was now going to Saotome Academy. Nothing had really happened until lunchtime... I had accidentally bumped into Otoya and told him to eat lunch with Nanami and I. He followed me to the classroom and we were going to eat together, when a friend of his came in and started talking to him about something. I sat down next to Nanami and stared at him, my heart aching. I was about to sigh in content when someone had beaten me to it. To my horror, I turned and saw my sister, longingly gazing at Otoya. How do I know what she was doing? Because she's looking at him the way I do. When Otoya sat down, the two started talking and I kept glancing between the two. My heart shattered to tiny bits when I had seen the same admiration and longing in Otoya's cherry eyes that were in Nanami's lemon colored ones. I excused myself, discreetly, and cried my eyes out in the bathroom. It hadn't clicked until now. They're in love with each other. When I heard the lunch bell ring, I quickly freshened up and entered with a broad smile on my face. Nanami then informs me of the project Otoya and her are doing for school and, hiding my continuously breaking heart, I congratulated them. When I had gotten home that evening, I locked myself in my room; Nanami said she'd be home late from trying to start that project, so I'd get away with locking myself in for the night. I broke down, I screamed, I cried. But, even though I was broken, I still, somehow, found the logic in this situation. They love each other, so no matter what I do, I don't stand a chance. And, even if I did, what would Nanami do if I told her I loved him? She'd suffer in silence as I tried to win over a guy that she loves. No, I can't do that to her. I put my hand over my heart, feeling the pain in my chest almost intensify. This pain would destroy her, I'd rather it be me. I know this is going to hurt to no end, but Nanami deserves to be happy. I unlock my door and look at the mirror on my vanity, confirming my decision. They both deserve to be happy. So, that night, I let the rest of my heart break and I vowed that I'd support them till the end of my life.

Your POV (Present Day)

I scoffed at my memory. What was I thinking? I know better than that. My heart began breaking all over again. No, no, no, I promised myself that I wouldn't do this! They've come so far! My tears, as well as my sobs, began to overtake my better judgement. And, for the first time in a long time, I began to weep over my decision to get them together. After a good few minutes, I decided to clean up and I looked up at my reflection. I stared deeply into my own (E/C) eyes, trying to reassure myself. A thought crossed my mind and it made me feel ten times better about everything. The thought? The two people that I love the most, love each other and they'll take care of each other, until the end of time. I smiled. Another thought hit me. If anyone were perfect for either one of them, it would be each other. They're perfect. I smiled, a real smile, and left the bathroom to go hug the newlyweds. "Oh (Y/N)! We were wondering where you went!" Otoya greeted, a huge smile on his face. I smiled back, looking over Otoya's face. "Don't worry, I'm fine." I said, looking over at Nanami's face. They each held the same expression, the exact same one they held when I realized that they loved each other five years ago. Yeah, they'll be happy. They'll be happy and I'll be here in the shadows... Alone and broken. Yeah, I'll never be satisfied, but they'll be happy; That's okay with me.