“You lie,” she pointed a long slender finger in Alex's direction.  “You all lie.  You want to see my Leo fail.  Well let me tell you three something right now, I will not allow this travesty to happen.  I will not let that human ruin my son’s life.  If I have to, I’ll kill the bitch myself.  One way or the other, she will be gone.”

    Pivoting around, Isabella hastily exited the room.  She had plans to make, big plans because if the Council wouldn’t help her, then she’d see to the dirty deed herself.  Shelby Tanner’s time was running out. 

    “Isabella?” 

    Already half way down the hall, she stopped at the sound of Marko’s voice.  Her back stiffened but she didn’t dare to turn around. 

    Marko quickly closed the distance between them.  He pressed his hand on her shoulder and leaned in close to her ear.  “Meet me at midnight at the bell tower in the old abandoned Abby on the South side of town.  I agree with you, something more drastic has to be done.  We can not chance the prophecy coming to light.”

    She still didn’t turn around to face him but a small smile tugged at the corner of her lips.  With Marko on her side, there would be others as well.  She gave him a curt nod in acknowledgement and felt the weight from his hand leave her shoulder.  She stood there a minute and listened to his retreating foot steps as he walked away.

    Soon, she told herself,  very soon Shelby Tanner would in fact die a very lonely death.  With that last thought in mind, she straightened her shoulders and lifted her head, striding forward once again.   

                          **********************************************************

     Shelby woke up feeling very sore, very well used and both fully and completely sated.  Her eyes fluttered open and she smiled when they met Leo’s hungry gaze. 

    “Good evening love.”  His low voice warmed her insides like a good cup of brandy. 

    “Evening?” she asked, not realizing that they had slept most of the day away. 

    He bent over her and pressed a soft kiss against her lips.  “Yes love, the moon is upon us and may I say that  you look magnificent basking in it’s glow.”

    Shelby’s cheeks brightened with color.  She reached her hand up and palmed his stubble covered cheek.  “You really are the charming one, aren’t you Leonardo Risso?”

    “I like to think so, especially when it comes to charming you my sweet.”  Unable to hold himself back, he dipped his head and sipped at her lips again and again, enjoying the natural taste that was so unique to his beautiful bride.  So long he had waited for her, watching her and now she was finally here, with him.  He pulled himself from the sanction of her lips and hovered just above her face, drinking in each and every one of the features that made her who she was.  Lost in the depths of her midnight black eyes, he knew then that all of the wait had been well worth it.

    “What?” Shelby asked, searching his face.  He was looking at her so intensely that it unnerved just a bit. 

    His face softened and he Leo smiled.  “You are just so beautiful,” he told her honestly, “That you threaten to steal the very breath from my chest.”

    ‘My oh my,” she replied and wound her hands around his neck. “You really are pulling out all of the big guns on this honeymoon, aren’t you husband of mine.”  

    “I only speak the truth,” he insisted.  “In my eyes, no one can compare to you.”

    She thought of the beautiful girl that she met back at his home.  Her beauty was truly over the top.  There was no way that she compared to her.

    “Oh you do my love,” Leo announced out loud.  She looked at him confused, and he lightly tapped the side of her head.  “You’re an open book to me, I can read your thoughts so easily now and you, my Bride are heads above the elusive Tatiana.  You,” he nibbled playfully at her ear, “are a Goddess.”

    She chuckled.  “You exaggerate Leo,” she told him and then once again met his burning gaze.  “But you flatter me as well.”

    “Hmm,” he started to nip at her neck just under her chin.  She shivered and he smiled against her skin.  Lifting his head, he glanced down at her.  “I want to show you something.”

    “You do?”

    “Yes, do you trust me?” he asked, rubbing the pad of his thumb over her bottom lip.

    “Always,” she replied a little breathless.

    “Close your eyes then my sweet.” 

    She hesitated for a split second before doing as he asked, and closing her eyes.

     She waited for him to speak and after a long minute passed with no words being spoken, she opened her mouth only to have it hungrily captured by his lips.  They joined in a passionate kiss, one that molded their thoughts and said everything that needed to be said without any words.  At the end of the heated kiss, Leo lifted his head and cupped her face. “Open your eyes now love and see my gift to you.”