Chapter 12

"Blood Bound"

2011 Copyright All Rights Reserved

Chapter 12

Shelby opened her eyes and quickly swallowed a gasp.  

Leo lay asleep mere  inches from her face.  His arms wound tightly around her waist, holding her to him.  His inviting warmth surrounded her smaller frame and with his hypnotic scent engulfing her, she felt slightly light headed and dizzy.

What was it about this man that called to her, she wondered as she watched him sleep.  In this state he almost seemed- human.  His face was so majestic in stature but yet there was a delicate balance in the lines that evened it all out, making him much more approachable. 

He was an extremely  handsome man, she thought to herself.  He had not changed at all from the first time that she could remember seeing him.  She was only ten years old at the time but his face was one that she would never forget.  Even now, eleven years later, he was the mirror image of the Knight that saved her all those years ago.  He hadn't aged a single day. 

Before she could think about it, Shelby found herself lifting her hand to his face, tracing the tops of his brows.  His skin felt so smooth under her fingertips, smooth as silk and yet hard as stone.  She let her fingers follow the lines of his cheek all the way down until they settled on his lips.  

She lightly ran her thumb across his plump lips; her dream from the night before burning bright in her memory.  The things that they she had imagined they had done together, the intimacy, had color rising in her cheeks. 

Before Leo, Shelby had not even kissed a guy and now, just after a short time of being with him, she was having the most indecently erotic dreams about the man. 

But it felt so real.  So real in fact, that her body was still tingling from the after effects.

Leo's dark eyes opened, his midnight stare trained solely on her.  Shelby was so lost in her own thoughts, focused on his tempting mouth,  that she had not realized when he had awakened.

He smiled at first.  Her eyes flying up to his at the slightest movement.  She startled, quickly pulling her hand to her chest.

"I'm sorry," she apologised and looked down.  After that dream she found it hard to meet his stare.

Leo pulled her even closer to him, leaning in and lightly brushing his lips against hers.  "Don't be sorry," he whispered.  "I like when you touch me."

Shelby tried to pull out of his arms.  "I shouldn't be this close to you,' she insisted.  Her body was going crazy.  That small kiss was nothing but a tease to her. She wanted more, so much more.  She wanted his lips all over her body, his hands exploring her most feminine parts. 

"Oh god," she muttered, covering her eyes with her hands.  She pulled herself up into a sitting position and turned away, completely stricken by the way her body was reacting to him.