F o r t y n i n e

ignore future typos, I got my nails done a few days ago and i'm currently the possessor of a pair of claws

The gif is harry in the chapter lookswise fyi

***

"See you around!" Nathan shouts as he walks backwards  down the concrete pathway, his hands  waving at me while I'm crouched down in front of the shop. There's a small lock down at the bottom of the door and it's always a pain in the ass to lock up. 

"Yea, sure!" A hard wind hits me as my wrist wiggles the key in the lock, blowing my hair all over the place. 

"C'mon...." I whisper and wiggle it one last time before the key finally turns. "Thank you!" I exclaim and stand up. I've sat down there long enough for my legs to hurt, which makes me think that I should take both my health and workouts more seriously. Mental note to that. 

I tighten my jacket around my waist and see Harry's black range rover pull up to the curb. He reaches over the console in the middle of the seats and opens the door for me before I reach the handle. 

"Hey," I greet him and jump up into the tall vehicle. 

"Hey, you look cold," he comments and turns up the heat in the car. "Did you wait for a long time?" He asks, looking concerned at me. 

"No, not at all. Only like a few minutes, we just finished up early today," I reply and turn to look at him after I've put my seatbelt on. I still haven't gotten used to his short hair, it's so foreign to me. It's currently wet and mostly swept back with a few rebelling strands of hair escaping the swept back hair style. His cologne is fresh and filling up the small space in the car, intoxicating me with him. Something else that's foreign is the fact that he's wearing a leather bomber jacket. 

"Oh that's nice, how was work today?" he asks and looks over his shoulder before pulling out on the road. 

"It's was alright, there was just this one annoying guy," I say and smear on a bit of lip balm on my lips. 

"Oh yea?" he asks, shifting his gaze between the road and the rear-view mirror.

"Yea, he just came in and started talking about going to the cinema with me, what an offensive man huh?" I say with a smile on my lips that only widens when he turns his attention to me and rolls his eyes.

"You're in a good mood today, huh?" he says, unable to hide the little smile forming on his lips. 

"I suppose I am yes," I smile back and lean back in the soft car seat. 

An old, familiar tune fills the space between us. 

"Oh my God, do you remember this one?" I reach over between us and turn up the volume. 

"I do," he chuckles and there's no way in any world I could prepare myself for what happened next. 

"Her name is Isabella," he sings, and I chuckle at him changing 'noelle' to isabella. 

"I have a dream about her

She rings my bell

I got gym class in half an hour

Oh how she rocks" 

His voice overpowers the stereo in the car and for the second time I'm witnessing him singing to me. A true shame since he has the voice of an angel. I would never have the confidence to sing in front of another human being, but I mean, I can't sing either. Harry can, that's for sure. 

"Her boyfriend's was a dick," he sings and winks while looking at me. Once again he changes the lyrics, this time it makes my jaw fall and mouth wide open.