F o r t y t w o

"Just grab the green ones," I tell Dayla who stands with a red apple and a green apple in her hand. She nods her head and fill a bag with green apples and puts them in the cart. I push the cart forwards and Sam returns to us with a pack of Oreos. Dayla looks at her in a disapproving way.

"It's friday," Sam justifies and puts it in the cart. Dayla nods her head.

"Still, you never eat fruit or anything," Dayla mumbles and grabs a bundle of spring onions.

"That's because it isn't season for the kind of fruit I like," Sam explains and a smile creeps up on both mine and her face as we look at each other. She'd eat Oreos over fruit in every season that little liar. Can't blame her though - I would do the same.

"Oh Isabella I have something exciting to tell you!" Dayla says out of a sudden as if her mind just wandered off to the subject and she remembered it.

"Yes? What's that?" I ask and while Dayla bends down to find a jar of tomato sauce on the bottom shelf Sam sneaks a pack of Reese's in the cart.

"Barney, an old, old, old friend of mine is getting married next weekend! I'd love it if you'd be my plus one since it's a no-kids party and I'm no longer a married lady," she says as she fills the cart with more things and we walk down the aisle.

"Sure I'd love to," I tell her.

"Now this Barney, does he work at a hotel in Seattle?" I ask her once I've thought about the question through the bread aisle, the dairy and the meat.

"Yes! Did Harry tell you about him?" She asks and turns to me with excitement on her features.

"Sorta, we met him when we drove to Seattle for a weekend," I place a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Oh that's lovely! Then you already know him! I'm sure he'll be pleased to see you," she says.

"I hope..."

***

"Carly and Jayce this isn't a joke!" I state once I see what my two friends brought me from the store. Jayce holds up a hidieous dress and Carly stands with a white one. Dayla tried to tell me very discreetly that the party was for upper-class people and therefore a simple H&M dress wouldn't exactly approve. I don't mind much though, I've barely spent any money the past 6 months while I've been at the store at least three times a week with a good few hours each time. When your only expenditure is coffee at a low-price coffee house and a few sweaters here and there you'd be surprised how much money you can suddenly end up with.

"What?"Both of them ask in union, wicked smiles taking over their features.

"I can't wear a white dress at a wedding! And that dress is just ugly Jayce," I laugh at both of them and shut the dressing rooms door behind me. I told them to find me something useful while I tried on a few items that I already had found myself.

The first dress was way too tight for my liking and didn't come in different sizes and the other dresses just weren't looking or feeling right.

"What size are you again?" Carly calls from outside of the dressing room.

"A 2 I think," I tell her.

"Weren't you like a 4-6?" She hands me another dress over the top of the door.

"Uh, I don't know, probably," I say and start putting on the dress. I straighten the material against my hips and belly and look at myself in the mirror. It's nice. It has a deep V cut and it's material is two layered, one layer that's dark blue satin and one on top thats full-lace in a black shade. The satin only covers me from the straps to a little over mid-thigh whereas the lace covers my arms a little below the satin on my legs. It has a low cut on the back too, that fits really great with the frontal low V cut. So basically it's a full lace dress in black but it has a build-in under-dress.