Chapter 71: The Grace We Need To Save Us

A/N: Alright everyone, final chapter, let's go! P.S. Sorry it ended on 71, it irritates me too!

Hayley, Nik, Elijah and I put letters in the baby's bag, preparing for her to leave us. Preparing for us to be away from her so she could live. I put my letter in and looked down at the beautiful girl when Marcel walked behind me.

"I'm ready" He said quietly. I pulled myself away from my daughter and nodded.

"Marcel, I never thanked you for saving her today" I told him limply. "I am incredibly grateful."

"Enough to overcome your curse?" He asked hopefully. I looked away from him because as much as I didn't want to, when I saw him, I only saw enemy.

"I may not ever love you again Marcel, but I will never stop trying." I said sternly.

"Thank you." I pulled his face into my hands and began to compel him.

"You will forget that you ever met the Mikaelson baby, all you know is that you found her after the wolf attack dead and you took her to the wolves to threaten them. Understood?" He nodded and left the room in a daze. Once he was gone, Klaus, Hayley and Elijah entered the room after him with a clear agenda.

"She's amazing" Hayley said tears filling her eyes. "What are we going to do without her?"

"I don't know." I answered, my voice completely emotionless. "But you won't be able to do anything unless you drink my blood and become a hybrid."

I brought out a table and sliced open my palm, letting the blood spill out over the table until the wound healed. I waved my hand over the blood, mumbling a spell as I did, and the pool of blood divided into five streams.

"What do I have to do?" She asked.

"Each stream represents my counterparts. The witch, the werewolf, the vampire, the human and the immortal. You need to pick out the vampire and the wolf." I told her.

"Care to explain this failsafe?" Elijah asked.

"One last thing to tell you" I told her as she entered the nursery again. I pulled out a ceremonial table and slit my hand with a remembrance knife. My blood dripped onto the box and a compartment popped open.

"What is this?" She asked in confusion.

"My plan B. The failsafe." I told her. "In the event that any harm comes to me, there is someone who would do the necessary things I needed done. Now it's you."

"What necessary things?" She asked suspiciously.

"You can't know unless that event does happen." I told her. "If the time comes, I will remind you of vial three and five." I said as I pulled out the five vials of blood from the compartment.

"What is that?"

"Werewolf blood and vampire blood. I'd make you a hybrid."

"So that's the failsafe?" Klaus said rolling his eyes. "Just making a hybrid?"

"The failsafe is more than that. The failsafe does whatever is necessary." I said shrugging and turning back to Hayley. "You need to pick the werewolf and the vampire blood out."

"What can't she drink all 5?" Nik asked.

"Because then she'll be an insane hybrid who will eventually kill herself and most of those around her." I told him. "Think of it as my own personal hunter's curse."

"Okay then tell her which one it is" Elijah urged.

"If I do that, then it is an immediate and painful death" I told him.