Chapter 18

A/N: Sorry for the delay, folks! Here you go! As always, thanks for reading/reviewing and a huge thanks to my beta for getting this to me despite being unwell!

I was sprawled across Edward's chest, both of us sweaty and breathing heavy. We'd been watching a movie, and one thing had led to another, and we'd ended up in bed. This has been a recurring theme since we'd returned to Miami a few days ago, and I wasn't complaining. Not one bit. I loved being with Edward, and the past few days had been bliss because it was just the two of us. There was no worrying about someone knocking on the door to our cabin, there was no worrying about an emergency arising that required Edward's attention, and there was no teasing from Emmett.

"I should move," I said into Edward's chest, and his arms around my back tightened.

"Nah, you're fine where you are," he said in a voice thick with sleep, and it wasn't long until we both nodded off.

We were woken up by someone knocking loudly on the door to my condo.

"Whoever the fuck is beating on the door is going to die a painful death," I muttered as I climbed out of the bed, tossed on an old, beat up robe, and made my way toward the door.

I looked through the peephole and found Jasper and Ali on the other side, and Jasper looked pissed.

"Bella!" he hollered as he began to knock again.

"Calm down, bro," I snapped as I opened the door and gave him a glare.

Jasper pushed passed me, a dark look on his face and his eyes flashing with anger, and I looked at Ali with a raised eyebrow, but she shook her head slightly.

"Have a seat while I get dressed," I said before rushing off to the bedroom before Jasper could object.

"Edward!" I hissed as I slammed the door shut.

"What?" he asked as his head popped out from underneath the covers.

"Jasper's here, and he's pissed about something," I told him as I put on a pair of workout shorts, a bra, some deodorant, and tossed on an old t-shirt.

"Ugh," was Edward's reply as he climbed out of the bed. He stood there, stretching, and my eyes traveled down his body. Naked Edward was a sight to behold, and if Jasper and Ali weren't in the living room, I'd be all over him.

Turning away from him, I tossed a shirt from his duffle bag at him.

"Clothes," I told him. "I'll go try to tame the beast that resembles Jasper."

He gave me a nod as well as a quick kiss on the lips, and then I left the room to see if I could calm Jasper down.

...............

"So, what's going on?" Edward asked less than five minutes later as he came into the living room, a can of pop in his hand, and sat down on the couch after giving Ali a quick hug.

"When was the last time you saw the Treasured Heart?" Jasper asked us.

"When we dropped it off at the lab to Dr. Uley. Why?" I answered.

"Because it's gone missing," he snarled.

"What?!" Edward and I both said at the same time as I stared at him in disbelief. How the fuck could the Treasured Heart be missing?

"Missing? Like misplaced, or like stolen?" I asked.

"Stolen as in it's gone, as in someone took it," he said, a hint of accusation in his voice.