Chapter 12

A/N: Happy Easter (if that's your thing), or Happy Sunday, or Happy Day After Doctor Who Aired (which I found to be an excellent episode)! Thanks so much for the reading/reviewing last week's chapter! Warms my little heart! As always, a huge thanks to my beta, Heather!

.....................

"Hey, hey, hey!" Mike Newton shouted as he came aboard the Arrakis. Jess rolled her eyes, and I was right there with her.

It had been four days since my first kiss with Edward, and while there had been a few more stolen kisses along the way, I knew that any chance of privacy was now gone. Five more people were being added to our crew, and even though the ship wasn't small, it also wasn't big enough to deal with Newton and Jacob Black and their egos

Speaking of the devil, Black stepped onto the deck with an arrogant look on his face, and I grimaced when he sauntered my way.

"You about ready to dive?" Edward asked from behind me, his hand resting on my lower back, and I bit the inside of my cheek to keep from grinning, knowing Edward's presence beside me was no coincidence.

"I am. Are you going with?" I asked him, completely ignoring Jacob as he stopped near us.

His eyes narrowed as he took in Edward's proximity to me. The rest of the crew had figured out that we were together or whatever it was we were. We hadn't discussed it, but I had let him know that I wasn't a one night stand kind of girl and that I'd break his balls if he cheated.

"Not this time. Now that the rest of your team is here, I'm back to just being the captain. Well, for now, anyway. Don't get me wrong. I'll help out however I can. If you need an extra set of hands to help clean that giant lady in the tank or you need someone to clean coins, just let me know."

"Thanks," I said leaning up to his kiss his cheek, and I saw Jacob's eyes darken and his fist clench out of the corner of my eye.

"Is the asshole with the staring problem the one you were telling me about?" Edward asked quietly, and I nodded my head.

"Yeah, that's Black. He's good at his job, but he's an arrogant jerk when it comes to women or at least when it comes to me."

Now it was Edward's eyes that darkened and his jaw clenched as he looked over at Black.

"Guess it's time to introduce myself to the newest team members," he said, and I touched his arm before he walked away.

"No idiotic, heroic antics, please? He's not worth fighting or losing your job over. I mean it, Edward," I warned because I wasn't fucking kidding. I could see the testosterone kicking into high gear and there was a definite tension in the air.

"Promise me, Edward!" I said sharply, and he muttered his promised.

Rolling my eyes at the maleness of it all, I waved to Lauren, Mike, Eric, and Angela before going to put on my dive gear.

After checking my equipment twice, a habit of mine especially after my father's death, I was ready to get into the water, but Jasper had other plans.

He called a quick meeting where he went over everything with the rest of our team that had just arrived and told them who would be working which site and what we needed done.

Jasper, having caught on to the tension between Edward and Jacob, assigned Black to the other dig site, and I thanked him quietly before diving into the water.

With the extra hands we now had, it made excavating the Sirène, which we were almost one hundred percent positive it was, that much easier.