4

"Miri benet midicen..." Freya chants, waving a sage smudge stick in the air while Elijah is leaning against the wall and Rhiannon is watching closely. Rebekah and Marcel enter the compound together.

"It's done! I'm de-linked from those children, the coven's almost grateful and we even beat the rain!".

"I trust that Davina will play her part?" Elijah asks.

"Yeah, against my better judgment".

"Stop being so overprotective. If Davina's made Regent to all nine covens, she'll be granted the power to resurrect Kol and the political clout to unite the witches to our cause!".

"Don't pop the champagne just yet. Dahlia said she'd come for the baby and now a storm springs up out of nowhere? You really think that's coincidence?".

Blue eyes of the young witch look out the window. Rain pours down with thunder rumbling the compound along with the occasional lightning strike.

"Well, regardless of her power, she needs to be dealt with".

"Fortunately we have a weapon".  They all turn to Freya, who does not look happy about what she is doing.

"Look, no offense, but are we really going to put all our eggs in one still-kinda-mysterious basket?".

"I assure you, I am quite motivated to aid in Dahlia's defeat. Particularly now that Elijah has forced me to be the bait".

"And if we should fail, Davina and the witches will take up the task, at the very least distracting Dahlia long enough for Hope and Hayley to disappear".

Rebekah crosses the room to close an open window to keep the rain out but as she pulls the pane down, blood covers the top of it. "Elijah!". Elijah raises his eyebrows, walking over next to her, examine the window. The female Original pulls Marcel into another room, the young blonde witch following in curiosity. Her eyes widen when she sees that Klaus is not in the coffin he was placed in after being daggered.

"Where the hell is he?" Rebekah exclaims.

"It was Dahlia. This was all part of her plan. No doubt, she killed Aiden, hoping that the blame would fall on Klaus, the family would divide and she could win Klaus to her cause".

"That is absurd! Nik would never align with Dahlia".

"You continue to defend him".

"Okay, let's just get back to what we have to do" Rhiannon speaks up but their voices overpower her own and she sighs, sitting down on a chair.

"He'd kill anyone who'd try to take his daughter".

"Isn't it Hayley who's trying to take his daughter?".

"Their daughter. Let's not forget that Dahlia is the true enemy here!".

"How good, then that I finished my spell" Freya smiles fakely, walking to one of the three painting. "The paint of his artwork, combined with my blood will render Dahlia vulnerable. The moment she passes between these painting, she will be mortal".

A small blade is pulled out and given to Elijah  "You can kill her...using this".

"Father's knife?".

"I thought it appropriate" The older witch nods before sprinkling herbs over a clay golem.

"Now, you're certain this will work?".

"Let's not toss around words like certain" Rebekah says, her doubt showing. Rhiannon stands up, strolling over to give her Aunt, a hug of encouragement which the Original smiles at. Freya grins at the two before speaking.