The Morning After

I'm stuck - Noah Cyrus

-

"Jesus Christ!" I complain as the phone rings right next to my ear. The light stabs my eyes as I grab the phone and answer it. "Hello?"

"You don't sound too good." Justin sounds so smug right now.

I lay against my pillow and rest my free hand over my eyes. Last night's events hit me. "Shit. I'm sorry."

"Haha, it's okay. It was quite revealing actually. " Justin chuckles. I smirk. "I do want you to know how scared I was last night."

"What do you mean?" I raise my eyebrow.

"I mentioned it in passing last night, but I doubt you remember. I had been trying to reach you for five hours with no response until you called me crying. I thought it was something serious!" Justin points out.

"I know, I know, I'm sorry. I didn't plan on getting that drunk. It just...happened...and then I couldn't unlock my door." I groggily laugh.

"Oh, I know, I thought I was going to have to send someone there to unlock it for you." Justin laughs. I imagine his blue eyes lighting up as the corners of his mouth curl upwards.

"So what is on our agenda for the day?" I ask, examining the nails of my free hand.

"Well basically meetings with the President all day. You would love him. He's really great!" Justin brags. I can hear the joy radiating off his voice.

"Good! Gosh, I would love to meet Obama. Any chance of him coming here?" I bite my lip.

He laughs lightly, "I can't reveal that quite yet."

I smirk, "That means yes." I slowly sit on my bed.

"Maybe, maybe not. Look, I have to go, I have to meet with him in an hour! Love you, 'Liza" Justin sweetly replies.

I frown, "Okay...love you,too!" I hang up and gently toss my phone to the other side of the bed, letting my happiness spread through my body. His voice alone made everything better. And just like that, in the most inconvenient time imaginable, memories of the kiss appear in my head. "SHIT!" I hold my head in my hands. Just go ahead and take care of it before Justin gets back. I sigh and grab my phone.

Can we talk about that kiss last night?

I hit send and then fall back on my bed; while letting out an exasperated sigh. I hear my phone 'ping'. I open it.

From: Justin
What?

"FUCCCCCK!" I groan. "Shit! Shit,shit,shit! Way to go Eliza!" I laugh a little bit at my carelessness. "Oh fuck me." Before I can even think up a response, Justin already has sent multiple texts.

From: Justin
Eliza, what are you talking about?!

From: Justin
You're freaking me out and I'm about to go into a meeting. Please at least send something.

From: Justin
I'm going in now. Thanks for the comfort.

Oh, I'm definitely in the running for worst girlfriend now. I try to keep my breathing under control and begin texting the events of last night. After a short novel and a trinity of movies, I send the text to Justin. I know I'm not going to get a text for a while. Hell - I'm surprised if he'll talk to me for the rest of the day. He's staking his career on me and what happens the first time he leaves me...I get drunk and dance/kiss another man.