Work and Home

Stakes - Vancouver Sleep Clinic (Seriously, this song makes the fluff so much better)

--

On the way back to the office, in between the small talk and answering emails, I decide that I will try my best to stay away from Justin. Just being near him and knowing he's there is comforting in its own way. We can't risk it...again. I think?

"We're back!" Justin places his hand gently on my thigh, jerking me out of my introspection. Before we get out of the car Justin leans in for another kiss. His lips are centimeters away from mine but I turn swiftly to the side, his soft lips grace my cheek. When we look back at each other his face is full of confusion. 

"Thank you for the lunch, Justin!" I get out of the car and rush to my office before anything else can be said. 

When I reach my office, Justin following just feet away, I make sure to close my door - hoping he gets the hint. He does. Well, he doesn't fully get the hint, as my phone buzzes just as I sit down. 

From: Justin

Are you okay? 

I run my fingers through my blonde hair and begin typing back. Every time I type something, I end up deleting it because it "doesn't reach my standards", or "It will come across wrong". 

To: Justin

Yes, just tired. 

That's what I settle on. It seems the easiest and dodges the real question that was "Why did you turn away from a kiss?" 

From: Justin

:/ Talk later?

I sigh loudly, will guys ever be able to take a hint? 

To: Justin

Yeah. After work. 

I see the white bubble with three dots pull up and then go away. I roll my eyes, "That's fine." I sarcastically mumble to myself. 

"Ms. Eliza! There's a bill coming from one of Justin's cabinet member's, can you proof read it before it gets to Justin?" Telford barges in.

"I'd love to!" I smile widely. 

"Good!" Telford claps. One of her scared, timid interns rushes in with a ten pound book and slams it on my desk. I stare in amazement. 

"W-when does he need it?" My eyes widen, examining the book farther. 

"By the end of today." Telford winks, "Good luck." 

When Telford closes the door I murmur "fuck you" to her and then continue to flip to Article I of the bill. 

--

A gentle knock arrives at my door around 8:00 that night. I groggily look up and realize I'm drooling all over the bill.

"Eliza?" Justin quietly asks as he enters. 

"In here!" I try to groom myself in the seconds I have before he enters the room. 

Justin looks at me and then looks at the slight stain on the pages of the bill. "Have you been trying to read that bill all day?" Justin's eyes get wide.

"Yeah, Telford said you needed by the end of today." I sigh and inspect how much I've read. About three quarters of it. 

Justin closes the bill and comes around to my side of the desk. "I don't need it by then end of today. Besides 'end of the day' would have been 5:00. What you need is to get home." Justin gathers my things for me as I put my shoes back on.

"Justin, seriously, you don't have to help. I know you're anxious to get home as well." I smile as I see him grab my jacket for me. 

"No, it's my pleasure." Justin slips the coat over my shoulders and holds the door for me as we leave. "Let me drive you home. Just so I know you get home alright." 

In my tired state, I ignore all thoughts telling me to say no, "Okay."

We get into the black SUV and head into traffic. Before I realize it, I feel my head rest against Justin's shoulder, unable to control my exhaustion. His hand instinctively begins to rub my arm, sending goosebumps up my body. I feel warm and cozy against him. 

- 10 minutes later -

"We're here." Justin whispers into my ear, gently waking me.  

I curl farther into his chest,in my state, all impulse control is gone, "Don't leave me." 

I feel Justin intake a sharp breath. "Okay, I'll stay for a little bit." 

The two of us make it up to my apartment. I instantly take off my shoes and head to my bathroom to take off my dress and slip on sweatpants and a T-Shirt. I fiddle with my zipper, but it's caught in that one spot on the back where neither hands can quite reach it. I feel a hand grab my waist while the other grabs the zipper and sensually pulls it down. The dress gracefully falls off my cold body. 

I turn to face Justin. His hair slightly greasy from the stressful day, his eyes look tired. We stand in silence. His forehead collides with mine and we stay that way. Until I feel a pair of lips gently meet mine. The kiss isn't hungry, it isn't asking for anything. It simply is saying "I've missed you".

-

"You look gorgeous you know that." Justin says as I climb into bed. I have on my high school basketball sweatpants, no bra, and a T-Shirt that says "Hail State" from Mississippi State University. 

"Justin, stop! I look like poop and I just wanna go to bed." I blush as I crawl underneath the covers and meet his warm body. 

As he puts his arm around my waist and I lay against the pillow he laughs, "You'll never see yourself the way I see you. I wish you could." 

Before I drift off into sleep, I notice Justin gets up. I don't fight him, I know where he needs to go. 

His lips meet my cheek, "Get some rest, 'liza." 

I tiredly nod and curl more into my pillow. 

******

Short chapter + fluff!! I haven't done fluff in a while so it was really nice to write!:) It's chapters like this that make me want to write more because it makes you love the characters even more. Okay, that's it for my little rant!