Second First Day Prt. 1

Berlin - RY X

Only - RY X

----

I try to hide my shaking hands as I go through security and receive my badge. This time instead of "Intern" it reads, "Cabinet Assistant/Legislator Assistant". I can't help but smile a little bit, not only was I able to aid in making legislature, but I could help propose it. I could get some of my ideas into the bills. I could make a difference. My nerves for seeing Justin were quickly replaced by jitters and excitement for getting started. 

"Thank you!" I say to the security guard who handed me my shiny new badge. I resist sprinting up the stairs to see Telford, but my inner child takes over as I run up the stairs (as fast as I can in heels). I swing into the mundane office of Telford. It seems to familiar, as I look up I see Telford talking to a sharp man with thick, wavy brown hair and piercing blue eyes. 

"Ah, Miss Norwell. I see you are," Telford glances at her watch, "three minutes early. Congratulations!" Her sarcastic smirk morphs into a smile and I can no longer hide my excitement. 

"Thank you so much again for this amazing opportunity, Telford!" I run up to hug her, ignoring her apprehension to hug back. 

Telford raises a thin eyebrow, "It's not me you should be thanking." Telford glances over at the Prime Minister. 

I feel heat rise to my cheeks. "Justin - Prime Minister," I correct myself, deciding that I was going to be professional this time around, "thank you so much for this job. I can't thank you enough." 

"My pleasure, you deserved it." Justin looks at me with those blue eyes that drive me crazy. 

Telford awkwardly interrupts our moment, "Okay, well Justin, later today you have a meeting with the Director of Enviromental Protection, until then I assume you are going to work." Telford glances at me and then back to Justin, "Real work." 

I think I visibly cringe as Telford hints at that. Sure, we haven't had time to talk about it, but I don't think Telford is supposed to know.... She walks out of the room with about three pounds worth of files and leaves the two of us alone. 

"Um, I'm sorry, but this is so awkward." I break the ice with an honest icebreaker. 

Justin shrugs, "You're not wrong." His faint laugh makes me smile. 

"Look Justin, I want to keep this," I gesture between the two of us, "separate from this work. This job is a once in a lifetime chance and I don't want to mess it up this time." 

Justin nods, "Trust me, I don't think I can take another rumored affair." He laughs a little, but I know he means it. 

I awkwardly walk around the office for a moment, "So what do I do exactly now that there isn't a meeting or anything?" 

"Funny you should ask, I actually have a piece of legislature that I would love for you to read over." Justin winks at me as he opens his office door. It's the same as the day I got fired. The same blanket that we wrapped up in after we got together the first time. When I finish looking around the room Justin appears next to me with a huge binder with tabs everywhere. "The places where tabs are, that's where there seems to be weak language. I would just read over it and any suggestions of the bill, type them up and I'll address at the next meeting with my cabinet. "

"Great," I smile and then realize I have no where to read it. "Justin, where am I supposed to work?" I laugh lightly. 

"Oh, yes, sorry! Telford told me to show you, but it slipped my mind until you brought it up." Justin signals me to follow him. We walk maybe 50 feet from his office and then there is a smaller office with the sliver plaque on the door, "Elizabeth Norwell". "Here you go. You may have some other people come in her with bills. So just get ready. Also, the next cabinet meeting is in a week, so if you want to come you can." 

I'm speechless. The office is small, but big enough for me. "Thank you so much." 

Justin gives me a light smile as he touches my back, "You deserve it, Eliza." He leaves to get back to work and I sit down in the black, leather, rolly chair as I open the bill. A little piece of paper slips out of the book. I reach down onto the wood floor to grab it. 

Lunch at 12:30. Meet me at the doors. -JT

I feel myself blushing. Jesus, he doesn't stop does he?

-----

A/N: Short chapter! :) don't worry I'm updating again tomorrow:)