The Hub

FOOLS - Troye Sivan

Fall Away - Twenty one pilots

---

I stare at the mirror as I straighten my dress, I can do this. I grab my purse before locking my apartment behind me. Last night after Kyle left, I quickly proceeded to drink almost an entire bottle of wine. I turned on Grey's Anatomy and ended up falling asleep while watching all of season 4. So this morning has already been a headache filled morning. I can only imagine it getting worse. 

As I come into view of the Prime Minister's office, a feel my heart beat quicken and a pain in my chest. I can do this. I remind myself. He didn't care so why should you care? I enter the building and head directly to The Hub to put my stuff up. When I enter I see no one else but Kyle...and he sees me. I try to avoid him but he notices me before I can get out.

"Hey! Eliza!" Kyle approaches me as I begin to make myself and Telford coffee.

"Hey Kyle!" I try to act kind and not bothered (my southern belle is showing).

"So, last night..." Kyle puts his hands in his pockets and looks down. "I had a lot of fun."

"Me too." I softly smile at him, telling him the truth. Of course it was fun, it was sex. That is always fun no matter what mood you're in. 

"Um, I was actually wondering if we could maybe get coffee sometime this week?" Kyle asks as I add the last of the creamer to the coffee.

I feel my face turn red with embarrassment. It was a one night stand. I think to myself. But my inability to say no gets the best of me as I reply, "Let me check my schedule and then I'll get back to you!" I smile and say goodbye before heading up to the offices. As I enter Telford's office, her eyes give me a stern, yet sympathetic look. 

"Surprised to see you in here today." Telford confesses as I hand her the coffee.

"What do you mean?" Does she know? I laugh a little, trying to cover up my shaky voice as I notice Justin's office door wide open. There he is, working tirelessly. My heart breaks all over again as I see him. His light blue collared shirt's sleeves rolled up to his elbows as he works on a bill. I feel a lump form in my throat and my eyesight go a little blurry.

"Eliza, are you okay?" Telford raises an eyebrow. She looks in the direction I'm looking and notices the door open. She quickly gets up and begins to close it. Just as it closes, Justin looks up and our eyes meet. My heart drops to my feet. 

I blink away the tears quickly, "Yes ma'am. Just allergies..." 

Telford nods, "Okay, well today we are going to Parliament Hill with Justin to announce a bill proposal."

I nod, "Um, how long should that take?"

"About an hour, after that you have a meeting that you have sit in with us." Telford informs me as she reads her calendar. 

You've gotta be fucking kidding me. I always end up by Justin in those meetings.

"Sounds great!" I smile. 

"Will you run this to the Director of Communications's office?" Telford hands me a stack of files.

"Yes." I reply quickly as I feel a pang in my chest as I think about my first encounter with Justin today. Just Breathe. 

----

"So with that I thank you for your time and I look forward to discussing this farther with you later tomorrow!" Justin smiles as he makes his exit. I, unfortunately, am the one in charge of getting him to the next meeting. As Justin walks out of the applauding room, we make eye contact and I see his face tense up as well as his body.