18

"Rest dear Kíli," I said as I pushed his hair away from his brow, his skin no longer burning with sickness. I smiled, "we will join your uncle soon."

"You should rest as well, have a bite to eat." Bofur said.

I nodded, in all actuality I felt exhausted.

"Here you go my lady." Sigrid said as she offered me a simple plate of cheese and bread sat next to a small piece of fish cooked with herbs and lemon.

"Thank you sweet girl."

I took the plate and got up to sit at the table with Fíli, Oin, and Tilda. But as the plate came close to my nose I inhaled a large whiff of the food and something in my stomach churned with disgust.

I threw the plate on the table and rushed toward the toilet, Fíli and Bofur stood in worry at my suddenness.

I made it just in time to expel whatever food was sitting in my belly.

When I finished I sat there for a moment trying to make sure I wouldn't get sick again.

"Here." I turned to see Oin holding out a handkerchief.

"Thank you, you didn't have to come." I patted my face with the soft cloth.

"It is my duty to take care of the sick."

"I don't know what's come over me." I admitted.

"Elves don't usually succumb to sickness," he spoke knowingly.

"I think it's just my body's way of reacting to the stress of the day."

He shook his head, "you and Thorin, you did consummate the marriage, did you not?"

I smiled a shy sort of smile, "we did."

"Then might you not be with child?"

I paused momentarily before disregarding it.

"I've read scrolls about women in childbirth."

"Women, but not elves your majesty. Elves are magical, unlike humans your kind is quite advanced, so I ask once more, might you be with child."

This time I remained silent, his word had truth in them, I've never really talked about Elven pregnancy, and it's not like my mother was alive for me to ask her such questions.

"I dare say you need to take care your majesty, you very well may be carrying our future king or queen."

I laughed at the situation, " oh and you don't have to address me so formally, it's just Maecel, Oin."

"You are wed to my honorable and brave King, therefore you are my Queen and I will address you as such." he said with finality, "come you must eat and rest."

Once seated at the table Oin assured everyone that I am fine, I managed to eat the bread and even a couple bites of the fish but the cheese smelt awful to me so I pushed it away.

"You need rest." Oin said as he tried to lead me to a bed.

"See that the children get to bed," I countered. "I am going to step out for some fresh air."

He nodded and then I listened as he rounded up Bard's children.

I stepped outside and looked to the mountain, "please be safe my love."

"You really do love him don't you?"

I turned to see Legolas perched on the handrail.

"With my entire being, we married in private last night, only the officiant there as our witness."