3

A week had passed and I have practiced every single day with my throwing knives, so much so that it felt as if they had become a part of me.

I wasn't a master of them but I was quiet good and also quite proud of that.

Even when I couldn't escape to the woods like normal I would play with them in my chambers. twirling them, balancing them, even being bold enough to throw them at homemade targets.

Magorie was frightened of them, "they are tools of a barbaric savage, something you are not my lady."

I sighed, it was always the same scolding.

"And bow and arrows are tools for a man and yet I use them even though I am not a man." I countered slyly.

"It is time for your lessons my lady."

"I have to take a walk Magorie, I must clear my head before I have to sit through trivial learnings." I said frustrated at the fact that with a whole world out there I am stick inside my chambers learning sewing, painting, and how to play the harp.

She didn't protest and I left the room, as I passed different people in the castle they bowed and curtsied. Their actions put me in a sullen mood and I stomped away quickly as I tried to get away from everybody.

Why couldn't I just be who I wanted to be, in the wild where no one cared what you wore or if you practiced with weapons.

Whilst in my funk I had my head down and unfortunately I ended up running into someone and I instantly began to apologized more than embarrassed with myself.

"No apologizes needed Miss Maecel."

I looked up at the sound of the old gruff voice and immediately recognized the man, "Gandalf." I said in a slight awed whisper.

He smiled at me, "something tells me you know exactly why I'm here."

"Yes" I replied much more excited.

"So then will you join me and fourteen others on the journey that may very well change everything?"

"Of course I will."

"Are you most certain Maecel, if so then we must speak with your father."

I kneeled down onto one knee, without a care in the world that I was in one of my gowns. "Gandalf I vow that I will join this journey and not turn back for anything, and as for if I'm sure... well I've never been more certain about anything in my life."

He held his hands out to me to help me stand.

"Then I guess we should probably talk with your father."

"He will not like it." I said.

"But he won't stop you either." He said knowingly, "your father is a man who believes that everyone must follow their hearts, that extends to you and your siblings."

I nodded my understanding and we went on our way. We found my father in the council room.

"So it is time." He said smiling.

I looked shocked, "Father I-"

He held his hand up, "The Lady Galadriel has already told me all about your leaving, she said it is something that you must do."

"I do."

He walked up and pulled me into a tight hug, "my Maecel, my beautiful daughter, you do what you feel you must but know that you can always come home no matter what." He kissed my forehead in his usual manner.

"I love you Father."

"And I will always love you my precious Maecel." He removed the tiara from my head and the small action made my eyes prick with tears that threatened to spring forward. "This will be waiting for you when you come back." He placed it in the center of the council table.