16

This chapter is dedicated to 4 of my most recently active readers:

@the_masque @sparkle581

@MissFeisty @kaykay161997

Thank you for taking such an interest in my various stories :D.

_______ _______

_______ _______

We went from criminals of the state, to most welcomes guest of the town Master. We were put up in an inn to rest up for the night.

"Tonight we take a much deserved rest, but come first light we leave for our home." Thorin said "know this, if you are not there when we board the boats, we have no time to wait for anybody, you will be left behind."

Everyone went their separate ways and Thorin suddenly snaked his arm around my waist, "tonight it is just you and I, Miz vaen."

He ran us up the stairs and shut the door behind him in a most jubilant fashion.

After making love thrice we lay naked and entangled in each others limbs. I laid my head on his chest and rubbed my fingers through the small tufts of soft hair on his chest while he stroked his large fingers through my long wild hair.

"I suppose after tomorrow you will once again have your home, you will be King Under the Mountain." I said softly. "The journey will come to an end, I do say Bilbo and I shall have to go back to our old lives."

"Is that what you wish?"

"No" I confessed, "but as there is no use for me anymore I will have no choice but to go back to Rivendell."

"You have a choice, everybody has a choice when it comes to their own lives."

"Say what you want to say My Love." I said as I tilted my head up to look at him, I sensed his words held a double meaning.

He sat up a bit and brought me with him, he lifted my chin and kissed me gently, his kisses were warm and filled my soul up.

"Become my wife Maecel, rule by my side, give me a long line of heirs to always sit upon the throne."

"I would like nothing more than to be the wife of Thorin Oakenshield." I smiled and kissed him but he pulled away too quickly.

"Get up, get dressed."

I did as he said and pulled on the homemade dress that Bards daughter had given me to wear.

For a moment I thought he was kicking me out of his bed but then he grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the room, we knocked on several doors as he searched for Balin.

When we finally found the proper room Balin showed us in.

"Our apologies about the hour Balin but we require your services." Thorin informed him.

"Anything my lord."

"Marry us, right here, right now."

There was no protest, Balin nodded and then stood us in front of him. "Please join hands." He instructed.

And there we were, two royals getting married in a barg mans old clothes, in the dead of night with nothing but our love for one another.

"I, well, I suppose I can skip the marriage tokens." Balin said with a slight blush.

"No, leave it in for me only." Thorin ordered.

"Very well" Balin said a little hesitantly. "Does My lord, Thorin Oakenshield son of Thrain, son of Thror, King of Durin's Folk have a token to present to his bridegroom?"