Chapter 21 | Past

Start from the beginning

"Someday. You are too young"

She pouted and followed me "you are 24 or something, there is just 6 years difference"

"Yeah yeah"***

She kind of forgave me, I guess.

I was in the library, going through the shelves to find a new book to read.

I felt the presence of someone behind me, I swiftly dodged the claws that were going to enwine my neck into a death grip.

At least I can defend myself without this defence mechanism.

It is because I am taking half control and oppressing it you idiot.

A powerful aura enclosing him, I met the calm stare of dark brown eyes.

"Want to explain yourself there, Zaire?"

He retrieved his claws, checking his surroundings. He lazily leaned on a wall watching me with an intense glare.

"Exactly what I wanted to ask you, Arianrhod Blackburn" he glared, his muscles flexed while his stand stiffened.

Someone is stressed there.

Arian, he might have found out.

Clearly he did.

"Well, Alpha. What is such a busy person wasting their time here?" I let out in a mocking manner.

He launched for another punch, which I duck without problem, I jumped back for distance.

Not a hint of regret in his eyes, ouch!

"I thought we were friends Zaire?" He continued with his intense glare.

"I knew your name rang a bell, how could've forgotten, it might has been the ridiculousness of the thought that I repressed it"

"Isn't everything in this world in some way ridiculous?" I smirked at him.

He ignored my comment "As I said before, your name rang a bell, a not so pleasant memory"

"How come my 'Alpha King' ?" I asked mockingly, grinning.

He narrowed his eyes at me warningly "Don't test me" his voice threatening, authority behind it.

"Oh come on If this is the point where you are going to 'reviel' who I am, then I can at least enjoy it"

"Amuse me of what you have, Alpha"

He clenched his jaw, his muscles flexed while he tried to maintain his wolf, his eyes glowing a light amber.

He breathed out his eyes the usual dark brown "you shouldn't push your luck"

"Enlighten me on what you've found out, then we will see who is pushing his luck"

He let a growl out.

"Arianrhod Blackburn, 24 years old, was a pack member of the Origin Pack "

I clapped loudly "I give you credit for that" I smirked.

"She slaughtered over three thousend pack members not just from The Origin Pack but also from the neighbouring pack"

"It was a massacre where the two packs were completely distinguished"

"After further investigations Arianrhod Blackburn was determined as the culprit.."

He stopped, I gave him an amused smirk.

"What is wrong? Come, continue"

I knew he will be the first one to somehow find something out, that would explain his absence lately.