Chapter 9

Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't updated in awhile! Let me know what you guys think of this chapter! :)

3 Years Ago

Sang checked her makeup in the visor mirror. She only had a light amount on, but she was so nervous her mind found things to worry about. Like if her shade of lipstick matched with her outfit. Or if she should have done her hair a different way.

Stop! If you don't get the job, there's always another job....you just have to find it.

She sighed and glanced at the clock. She was 20 minutes early for the interview.

So I either stay in the car and obsessing over my....everything. Or I can just go in and get this over with. Maybe if I'm early that would look good, right?

She stepped from the car and shut the door. Or more like slammed it. She cringed at the sound. She smoothed her hand down over her light blue dress shirt. She looked down, making sure her black knee length skirt wasn't too wrinkled. Her gaze landed on her black flats. More importantly, the slight blemish on the tip of her left one.

Darn it.

She sighed again, before composing herself and heading toward the front doors of Blackbourne Properties. As she stepped inside, she saw an older woman sitting behind a big desk. She made her way over to it.

"Excuse me," she said, the words coming out in a screech like tone. She flinched.

The lady behind the desk glanced up before looking back down again.

Ok....

She cleared her throat before trying again.

"Hello, I'm here for an interview with a Mr Wild," she said, her voice coming out normal this time.

The lady glanced back up at her before looking back down. This time she went to typing on a computer. After a few minutes of awkward silence, the lady looked back up.

"Take the elevator to floor 11. When you exit, take a left. When you reach the end of the hallway, make a right. Mr Wild's door is the 4th door down."

She went back to the computer, already having dismissed Sang.

Sang made her way to the elevator, or elevators. There were 4 total, 2 on each side. She pushed the up button and waited for a door to open. Seconds later, one opened and she hurried inside. She pushed the number 11 and leaned back against the wall, letting out a breath.

Ok Sang, you have this. Just go in and wow him with your........with your......darn it. With what? My awkwardness? My shyness?

The door opened and she walked out. She stopped and looked to her right then to her left. The elevator opened into one long hallway that had several doors spread out, all closed.

Did she say to take a right or a left? Darn it, Sang! Think think think.

Maybe it was a right then a left.....or maybe a left then a right....

Before she could make up her mind, the elevator opened up and a woman stepped out. They looked at each other for a second, before the woman spoke.

"Are you here to see Mr Wild too?"

She was wearing a light green dress shirt with black dress pants.

Sang felt her heart drop. This woman would get the position. She looked more the part.

Sang felt more like she was just a kid playing dress up in her mothers clothes. Though that was something she had never done. She noticed the woman was looking at her with a puzzled look on her face.