Chapter 7

4 Years Ago

"Momma, Josh peed in the floor again," Jacob yelled out to her. She raced from the kitchen and into the bathroom. Sure enough, there was a puddle in front of Josh. He had only his shirt on and he smiled up at her. Jacob was standing just inside the door way, frowning at him. "Momma, you told me I could not pee anywhere but the potty but you let Josh do it anywhere he wants to," he said, pouting.

"Jacob, he is almost one. He does not know about the 'only peeing in the potty' rule yet. He is just learning," she told him. "Besides, I told you that YOU could not pee outside whenever you felt like it. Peeing in the front yard is bad enough, but trying to pee in the Walmart parking lot is way off limits."

"Pee, mama, pee," Josh told her excitedly. He clapped his hands together and giggled.

"Yeah baby, you did pee. What a big boy you are getting to be. Let's get you cleaned up and then momma will clean up the bathroom floor," she told him as she picked him up. She grabbed a towel and tossed it over the puddle. She went to the tub and got it started.

As soon as Sammy heard the water running, he came racing into the bathroom, with his pants off and his shirt half way off of him. He got the shirt off and took his pull-up off. "Bath time, bath time," he said excitedly.

Might as well give them all a bath now rather than later.

She turned to the door way, but Jacob was gone. "Jacob Christopher Sorenson! You get your butt back in here and into this tub right now!"

She turned back towards the tub and helped Sammy get in. She sat Josh down and kept a hand on him. She turned around when she heard shuffling behind her. Jacob was standing there holding a toy boat, already undressed.

"Come on Jacob, get into the tub and get washed up. Later, I will make us lunch and put everyone's favorite cartoon on."

*****

After bathing the kids, getting them dressed, feeding them lunch, and putting the cartoon on for them, she went into the kitchen. She cleaned up the mess from lunch and swept the floor. She got the mop and bucket out and filled the bucket up with cleaner and hot water. She mopped the kitchen floor and then moved into the bathroom. She picked up all the discarded clothes and put them into the hamper. She used the towel to wipe away some of the pee that she had missed earlier. She sat the hamper out into the hallway and then mopped the floor.

After checking on the kids, who were all still engrossed in the cartoon, she took the hamper into the laundry room, put the dirty clothes into the washer and started it. She grabbed a basket and put the clothes from the dryer into it and took it into her room. She left her door open, keeping an ear out for the kids as she folded and then put the clothes away.

She then went into the kids rooms and straightened them up. She put the toys back into the toy bins and the books back onto the bookshelves. By the time she was done, she heard the washer ding, letting her know that the load was done. She checked on the kids on her way back towards the laundry room. Jacob and Sammy was still watching the cartoon, but Josh had wondered over to the corner where the toy box was and had taken some toys out to play with. She smiled as she went into the laundry room and put the clothes from the washer into the dryer.

She could not help but laugh about Josh and how his potty training was going. In his little mind, he had seen his older brothers peeing in the potty and had decided that he could too. The only problem with that was the fact that he also like to run around the house in nothing but a shirt, so when he felt the need to go, he just went.