Just To Brighten Your Day

It had been a couple months later and Jada wasn't acting like her normal self still. Everyone was huddled at lunch creating a plan.

"Jada's been super quiet lately," Jazmine says. "We have to do something about it."

"Like what?" Caesar asked.

"Maybe we could do sum to cheer her up?" Cindy suggests.

"We should play basketball," Riley said.

"Or take her to get facials," Jazmine suggests.

"That's wack, take her to D&B's!" Cindy says.

"Or we could do something casual like just take her for a walk," Huey says with an eye roll.

"Or maybe we all individually do something?" Caesar suggested with a shrug.

"That's a great idea!" Jazmine says. "Everyday we take Jada somewhere to spend time with her in our own way."

"I like dat," Cindy agrees.

"Same," Riley says.

"Welp, we'll start today and I'm going first!" Jazmine states.

"Why yo ass go first?" Riley questions

"Because I suggested we do something about Jada and I have a buy one get one free facial."

It was time for work and Huey dropped Jada and Riley off at work.

"You have a half day right?" Huey asked.

"Yea. We only work for 2 hours," Riley said. "So don't be late or Jada gon miss her med time."

"I know, I know. You sure you wanna work, Jada? You can always stay home."

"I'll be fine. Bills are getting heavy anyways and I haven't worked in a while. I'll live."

Huey nods, pulling off. The two walk into Foot Locker and KO smacks her lips.

"Ew why y'all ugly asses in here?" She snarls.

"Bitch cause we work here," Riley shoots back.

"KO stop messin with them," Bestfriend tells her. "I'm sorry y'all."

"KO you needa work in the back with Pee until you learn how to act right with the customers," their manager says.

"But-"

"Miss me with that, go!"

KO rolls her eyes, walking to the back.

"Lucky, you and Jada can outside the register and help customers, Riley and Bestfriend, you two work register."

They all nod, going to their stations.

"Heard about what happened," Lucky says. "I hope you're feeling better."

"Thanks," is all Jada says.

"Ya know, if you ever needa talk, I'm here."

"Thanks Lucky. I appreciate that."

"Aye! Stop trynna holla at my sister, Nigga!" Riley yells.

That afternoon Jada was walking to her house after Huey drove home when Jazmine grabbed her arm.

"You're not going home just yet," she says.

"I don't feel like going to the mall, Jazzy. I'm really tired and have to take more medicine."

"Who said we're going to the mall?"

Jada rose an eyebrow which made Jazmine chuckle a little. Jada looked a lot like her brothers when she wanted to.