Wannabe Black Girl

(Jada)👆👆

Huey, Jada, and Riley were walking around the block when they ran into a girl. She was white with long blonde hair and blue eyes.

"Oh, hello! You must be the new kids. I'm Cynthia McPhearson, but my friends call me Cindy."

"Hi," Jada says with a welcoming smile. "I'm Jada. These are my brothers Huey and Riley."

"Cool! I don't have any brothers. It must be nice to have black brothers huh?"

The Freemans gave a confused look.

"Did you say black brothers?" Huey questioned.

"Yea. There aren't a lot of black people around here and I've always wondered what it would be like to have one that's a brother or friend."

The 3 only blinked and stared at the blonde. Cindy gave them her best smile and pranced away.

"That bitch crazy," Riley said. As they continued their walk, another person appeared.

"About time ya'll showed up," He says with a smile. The boy was a dark chocolate color with dark brown dreads that were shorter than Jada's. "Michael Caesar, but my friends call me Caesar."

"Huey Freeman," Huey was the first to introduce himself which was odd to his brother and sister.

"Nice to meet you. And you two are?"

"Jada," The young Freeman sticks out her hand and Caesar shakes it.

"Young Reezy," Riley gave him a nod.

"Well, ya'll need to come out more. It's lonely out here with all these uppity white folks."

"Yea, I bet," Huey agrees.

"MICHAEL!" A woman yelled.

"That's my cue. I'll see ya'll around. Later Freemans!" Caesar waved and ran towards his house.

"It's good we're not the only ones," Jada says as they continue walking. "Plus, he was kind of cute."

"First acquaintance I made," Huey groans. "Don't start all that."

Jada rolled her eyes as they made their way back home. Riley sat on the couch flickering through TV when something popped up in his head.

"You know what, Jada?" Riley said.

"What?" She asks, writing in her journal.

"Imma get cornrows."

"Cornrows? For what?"

"To make me look more like a thug. I can be the realist nigga on the block."

"Riley, you do know that we're the only niggas on the block. Well, besides Jazmine and her dad."

"Yea but I'm the realist."

"Well ask Granddaddy. Maybe he'll let you," Jada replies.

~At Dinner~

"Hell Nah!" Robert answers as the small family ate dinner. Riley and Robert were eating fried chicken with mac and cheese while Huey and Jada had veggie burgers.

"Why?" Riley questioned.

"Because I said no."

"Granddad, that ain't fair! You let Jada get dreads."

"Jada got dreads cause she didn't like Cookie putting weave in her hair. You only want cornrows to look like a thug."

"Man you let Jada do way more than us!" Riley complains.