Pity Party

(Cindy) 👆👆👆

Jazmine and Jada were at Jazmine's house going over Jada's song for the party.

"The song sounds good!" Jazmine clapped.

"Thanks. It took me a while to write it but I like it. Hiro even said he made a beat for it."

"Do you know what you're gonna wear?"

Jada hadn't thought of her outfit for the party yet.

"I don't know," Jada says, "It's a party so I wanna wear something nice but not too casual."

"You know what that sounds like?" Jazmine asks. "A trip to the mall!"

Jazmine dragged Jada to the mall and the two roamed around different stores.

"Jazmine, don't you think this is too... Much?" Jada asks looking at herself in the mirror.

"What? Not at all!" Jazmine exclaims. Jada wore a big poofy pink dress that looked like she was a bridesmaid.

"How about I pick something?" Jada suggested and Jazmine sighed.

"Fine! But it's not gonna be better than the ones I picked."

"The thousands you picked," Jada mumbled taking off the dress. She searched for one that was her style. Soon, she found one that caught her eye and went to try it on. When she came out Jazmine had a giant smile on her face.

"Oh... My... GOSH! Jada, you look so beautiful!"

Jada picked out a short black and pink dress that was a little poofy at the bottom. She had on a pair of platform Converse that matched perfectly.

"Thanks! I think I'm gonna get this one."

Jada bought the dress and they began exiting the store.

"Did you know Huey was jealous of me and Evan?"

"That's what his name was? Yea, I knew. I can tell when he get's jealous. You know, as I think about it, that's the first time he's ever been jealous of anyone," Jada says thinking back. "Or showed any emotion towards a girl to that matter."

"Really? He tried to say it was nothing but I knew he was lying."

"Well you are the first girl Huey's ever associated with. Besides me of course, but that's different. He may like you, Jazmine."

"Really?!" Jazmine asks a little bit too excited. After she realizes it, Jazmine clears her throat, changing her tone. "Really?"

"Yea," Jada replied with a chuckle, "sounds like you like him too."

"Maybe a little, but don't tell him."

"Your secrets safe with me."

~At the Freeman Residence~

"Granddad, can I ask you something?" Huey asks, sitting on the couch next to Robert's recliner.

"Well you just did, boy," Robert chuckles, making Huey scowl. "I'm just messin with ya, what is it?"

"How do you know you're in love?"

"In love? Well boy, why are you asking me that? You not in love, are you?"

"Granddad, I'm just asking," Huey says not trying to say anything more.

"Well, you know you're in love when you can tell someone anything.You know they won't judge you and they're by your side no matter what. You feel a certain kind've way when you're around them. Like there's butterflies in ya stomach. And when they're around someone else, you get mad."