16 - Art Of Letting You Go

I walked down the streets leading to the local park, the sky seeming a bit too gloomy considering that it's almost summer. The cold hit me as a gust of wind hit me. I unwrapped the sleeves of  my black jacket from my waist and wore it to keep myself from freezing my ass off. 

Art Of Letting You Go by Tori Kelly blasted into my ears as I walked through the familiar yet somehow foreign road. I haven't been around for quite a while considering I'm going to school on the other side of the country because of my scholarship.

As I looked down at my feet, watching it lead me to my destination, I accidentally bumped into a stranger's chest but as I looked up, I realized that it's not just anyone. It's Hayes Grier.

For those who are wondering who he is, although I think everybody knows him through his Vines, he was my best friend when we were younger. We used to play in the playground together and call each other through the house phone and talk for hours. Things changed when I transferred and he started to become famous as the days went by. We just lost connection and drifted apart.

"Oh, hey Hayes." I said, smiling shyly at him.

"Hey y/n. Long time no see." He said, his smile mirroring my own.

"Yeah... So how are you?"

"Fine. Going around the world's pretty cool as well as meeting fans who I didn't even think I've made a difference in their lives. So... yeah... You?"

"I'm okay. I have one more year of school and my grades are pretty high." (Oh how I wish this was me xD)

There was an awkward silence between us. What were we supposed to say? We haven't seen each other in years and we just weren't the same as we used to be. But one thing will always be constant and those were my feelings for him. I tried to lock it all up while I was away but seeing him again brought it all back.

"Hayes!" An excited squeal came from somewhere behind me.

I turned around and saw a blonde haired girl in a pair of bleached jeans and a flowy white top run over to him and hug him. He hugged back, spinning her around. I couldn't help but bite my lower lip to hide the pain I was feeling seeing him with her.

"Becca this is my childhood friend, y/n. Y/n, this is Becca, my girlfriend." He said, wrapping an arm around her shoulder as I forced a smile and shook her hand. (The name's random btw)

"Nice to meet you." I forced a smile onto my face before dropping her hand as soon as I shook it once. "Well, I gotta go. I still have some place to be in. It was nice seeing you again, Hayes."

He took a step forward before stepping back again, as if he was about to hug me but changed his mind. I gulped as a saw a certain emotion flash into his blue eyes before it was gone as soon as it came. He brought his hand onto the back of his neck awkwardly as we stood there.

"Bye , y/n. Hope to see you soon."

I forced another smile before walking away as fast as I could, making sure he wouldn't see the tears forming in my eyes. I can't seem to master the art of letting him go.

Hayes' POV

"Dude, what the hell was that?" Becca asked, looking up at me.

"Uh..." I couldn't find the right words to say to her.

"That was the girl you were talking about, isn't she?"

"Yeah."

I heard her sigh before stepping out from under my arm. I know what she's about to say. I know she's going to yell at me for lying to y/n but I couldn't help it. It's not like I would be able to straight out tell her I loved her. That's just... weird especially since we haven't seen each other in years.

"Why didn't you tell her? Why did you have to lie to her? Oh my God, Hayes! You're practically even lying about me by saying I was your girlfriend!" She started to rant on until I covered her mouth with my hand.

"Can you please stop yelling and causing a scene and actually help me? What the hell was I supposed to say? "y/n, I'm fucking in love with you even though we haven't seen each other in forever"? It doesn't work that way, Becs! What if she doesn't even like me back?" I asked her, running a hand through my hair out of frustration.

Her face softened before walking over to me and placing her hand on my shoulder. "Breathe, Hayes. Breathe. Go after her. You could see the pain in her eyes when you said I was your girlfriend. Fix it or you'll both miss each other."

I could only look behind me, seeing her from a distance. Maybe if I run now, I could still catch up to her. I looked back at Becca and nodded before running after her. I ran as fast as I could just to catch her. I couldn't lose her. Not again.

"y/n!" I yelled after her.

She looked back only a little before continuing to walk. I called out her name even louder and pushed myself to run faster. When I caught up to her, I wrapped my arms around her shoulder and pulled her into my chest. I turned her around just to see her eyes are now red and puffy as tears streamed down her face.

"What's wrong?" I asked, my heart breaking at the fact that she was crying.

"What's wrong? What's wrong?! Do you seriously want to know what the fuck is wrong?!  Hayes, I'm fucking in love with you! I have ever since we were younger and seeing you with her... God, go back to her please. I don't want to ruin-"

I cut her off by placing my lips onto hers. I caught her off guard but she started kissing back once she grasped what was going on. I pulled ever even closer as her arms wrapped themselves around my neck, mine around her waist.

"I love you." I said, looking into her eyes once we pulled away.

"But-"

"Becca's not my girlfriend. In fact, I'm not her type and she already has a girlfriend. I only said that since I was scared of admitting the fact that I'm truly, madly, deeply in love with (y/full/n). I'm so fucking in love with you that it hurt being away from you all those years. Even when I was on the road, doing shows n different countries, I still couldn't get over you."

I wiped the tears falling onto her cheeks before pulling her in for another kiss. I hope and pray that now that I have her, I wouldn't lose her. She's my everything. I wouldn't want to trade her for anyone else in this world.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°
A/N: This was... shitty but heeey! I finally made another imagine on this book! YAY! xD I've just started Senior High School last week and so far all of the people I was able to befriend are mostly guys xD There's one in specific that I was too shy to talk to during the first day then we started chatting last Saturday so now, I actually consider him as a really good friend even if he's weird at times xD Oh, and I got into my school's Chorale. It's the only one among the sister schools of my university and they also won in the competition last summer in Vietnam. I'll try to post more often if I could :)

Vote/Share/Suggest

♪☁ A ☁♪ going offline