01 - Broken Home

*listen to the song while reading. I couldn't find the original version so I just used the pitched version*

The loud slam of the front door echoed through the house, waking me up from my sleep. Not a minute later, I could hear my mother's calm voice coming from downstairs, asking my father where he has been. This is what I do not like about these thin walls and the nights like this. I could hear them clearly as they argue.

"Let me ask this one more time, where have you been?"

"I said, I went out." That was my father's excuse.

"How many times have I told you not to stay out drinking your ass off>! What kind of excuse of a husband are you?!" She yelled, obviously losing her patience.

That was when the blaming starts. They started to yell at each other, making it even more impossible for me to go back to sleep. What made this fight even different is what I heard next. The sound of either a vase or a plate being thrown onto the wall.

That was when I started to panic. I rolled out of bed— falling face first on the floor in the process— before scrambling out of my room. I quietly made my way down the stairs and looked through the railings. My parents were still yelling at each other, both holding fragile items in their hands. Mom threw a picture frame at dad which missed him by a good inch. That was all it took before dad stepped forward and slapped mom. I gasped and placed a hand on my mouth.

"y/n..." Dad said, looking at me as his eyes showed fear, regret, and anger.

I just stared at them as tears clouded my eyes. I shook my head at them before running back up to my room— locking the door once I got in— and cried into my pillow. We used to be happy. Not this stupid excuse for a family. For the past months, I had been hoping, praying that everything would be back to the way it was before. I heard my phone ring from under the pillow and I took it out just to see that I had an incoming call from my best friend/ neighbor/ boyfriend, Hayes. Of course, I accepted it.

"y/n, are you okay? I could hear it all the way from my room." He asked, his voice still a bit raspy which meant they woke him up.

I couldn't really say anything since I was crying too much but he must have heard the small sob that escaped my lips and the sniffles.

"Can I come over?" He asked.

"Pass through my window, please." I muttered.

"Okay. I'll be there in a few."

I went over to the window that was near a tree and unlocked it. A few minutes later, Hayes got in and pulled me into a hug. I just cried onto his shirt as he held me close to him.

"I'm sorry they woke you up." I said once I calmed down a little.

"It's okay. Do you want to talk about it?" He asked, wiping the tears that are still freely falling from my eyes.

"I want to run away, Hayes. I'm sick and tired of being alone inside of this broken home. I'm losing all my hope on everything being back to normal."

"We'll probably have to wait two years before you could. You're not even sixteen yet."

"But I can't stand it anymore. They won't stop yelling at each other and now they're throwing things at each other and sometimes even fight physically. I'm scared of staying here."

"We'll talk to your parents about it when you're ready. They have the right to know about how you feel but for the meantime, why don't you stay at my house for a few days?"

I just nodded while letting him hold me closer to him. We stayed in that position for a while as the fight continued downstairs. After that, he helped me pack my clothes and other things I would need for the next days. He climbed out of my window with two of my bags and told me to meet him at the front door. I sighed before getting out of my room, walking down the stairs one more time. I walked past my parents who were still arguing.

"Where are you going?" Mom asked when she finally noticed me.

"I'm staying with the Griers for a few days."

"What? Why?"

"I'm sick and tired of hearing your fights. Do you realize that I'm not happy in this house? When did you lose your happiness? Who cares who's wrong or right? I'm alone in this broken home. This is probably the only time you listened to me! There is nothing left to hold onto for me in this house. I'm stuck in between a nightmare and a lost dream. I'm done."

"y/n, please." Dad said, stepping forward.

"All you ever do is hurt each other yet you don't even realize that it hurts me too. It's like you don't even care..."

Those were the last things I said before getting out of the house. When the door closed, Hayes pulled me into a hug and kissed the top of my head as I cried once again onto his chest. He pulled away from his hold and kissed me.

"Let's go." He whispered before leading me to his house, letting me escape this hell hole I used to call home.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°
A/N: I'm sorry if this sucked. I couldn't really think of anything to write at the same time I wanted it to be based off a song so... this happened.

Vote/Share/Suggest

  ♪☁ A ☁♪ going offline