02 - Being A Bully

Popularity. That's one thing a lot of the students in my school are after. Sadly, I'm one of the people who has achieved it by doing God knows what. The thing is, everything here is as cliché as Mean Girls. The popular clique are considered as the bitches in this school.

"Hey y/n." Yan greeted as I got to my locker.

"Hey girls." I said, smiling at the group.

"Hey, did you hear?" Iris asked us.

"Hear what?"

"About Benjamin Grier."

"The nerd?" Maris asked.

"What about him?" I asked, completely oblivious to what they're saying at the same time annoyed at the fact that they're not getting straight to the point.

"Rumor has it, he tried out for the football team and got in." Alissa stated.

"What?!" Some of them said before laughing.

"He probably only got in because of his brothers." Candy said, annoyingly chewing on the bubblegum in her mouth.

"His much hotter brothers." Iris said, flipping her hair.

I really did not want to bully the guy or anything but I had to considering the fact that I had to fit in. At the same time, there was something about him. I don't know what it is but I decide to stay away from him as much as possible. They kept on babbling about whatever the hell they're talking about since I zoned out as we walked out of the campus.

"Earth to y/n. Will you please stop zoning out on us?" Candy said, snapping her fingers in front of my eyes.

"Oh, sorry." I said, turning to them.

"So, are you going to Daniel's party tonight?"

"Uh, duh. He IS my cousin after all." (and yes, I mean Daniel Skye. Just go with it.)

"Hey guys, Grier at two o'clock." Alissa said.

"Hey, y/n. Why don't you invite him? Maybe we could mess with this guy later at the party." Iris suggested.

"Uh... sure, I guess." I stuttered.

They giggled before pushing me over to when he was. He was sitting on a bench while reading a book which I assumed was The Great Gatsby because of the blue background and the eyes that could be seen on the cover while the title was covered by his hand. His glasses perched on his nose and his blue beanie covered his messy brown hair.

"Hey." Yan greeted him.

"Uh... hi." He replied shyly, not looking up from the book.

"We heard you got in the football team. Congrats."

"Uh... thanks."

They all looked to me for help knowing that I'm supposed to be the one doing all the talking although they know about my social anxiety.

"So... are you going to my cousin's party later?" I asked him.

"Your cousin?" He asked, looking up at me with his crystal blue eyes.

"Daniel Skye? You're his best friend, right?"

"Oh... yeah. Why?"

"Wanna hang out with us later? It would be nice if we got to know you better."

"Uh... I don't know."

"Come on, please?" I said, batting my eyelashes at him.

"Okay, I guess."