3.29.2022 - Kidding Around

PART II

I was on a camping trip with my friends, and he, my vampire, tagged along. However, he didn't seem to be having fun.  His expression was too serious...well, like always. 

Anyway, a few hours before we went camping, we went to a nearby market to buy some snacks--marshmallows and chocolate for smores. 

While we were in the market, my friends and I were having fun talking...except for him. He was completely silent all throughout. Then suddenly, as I stared at him, I heard a whisper... 

"We'll go ahead." Someone said. Then my friends disappeared, leaving me with him.

So while we were alone walking with each other, I felt like ignoring him as if he wasn't there.  It seems like I was angry at him for some reason, then unexpectedly, I ran away.  I hid, not wanting him to find me, and before I knew it, I finally arrived at the campsite. 

My friends were curious why he was not with me when I came.

I answered, "He'll come soon," and we began lighting the campfire.

After a few moments, he arrived looking so stressed.  Then he walked towards me and grasped my arm tightly like an angry dad. 

"I was looking for you everywhere!" He exclaimed sternly yet with concern, "What were you trying to do!? I've been worried sick!"

Suddenly, he took a lighter from his pocket and used it to burn my wrist (as punishment). 

"Ahh!" I cried from the burning. Then I started to feel my body getting weary like I was about to faint.

After that, I dropped onto the floor weak and motionless. My friend, Bea, ran towards me, quickly held my shoulders, and began to shake me like a maraca. 

"Are you dead?" She cried, "Are you dead? Answer me!"

After a few seconds, I started to giggle silently. My vampire, too.

"Huh?" Bea was curious.  "Why are you laughing?  You're hurt, aren't you!?"

Then I raised my hand, showing my wrist, and suddenly ripped out a fake skin.  I wasn't burned at all. 

"Kidding." I cried teasingly as I stood up, "Sorry."

"What?" Bea was shocked, "You were just playing around this whole time?  Don't you know that I was getting worried—" then she noticed that our other friends, who were just at the side watching us, began to laugh, too.  "Wait. You guys also knew about this!?"

"No." One replied, "It's just too funny!"

"So what?  It shows that I was really concerned." But they just kept on laughing. 

"Shut up!" Bea shouted.

As they laughed about the prank that he and I did, I slowly looked at him. 

Finally. I thought. I see him smiling now...