4.25.2013 - Sorry, But You're Too Late

I was on my very first date with my boyfriend, who was surprisingly a werewolf. As we held each other's hand, I suddenly heard a thud from nearby...

When I turned around, I was surprised. It was HE!

"Va-Vampire?" I cried with shock. "You-you're here. But I thought..."

"You thought I'd abandon you?" My vampire said back as he gave me that upsetting stare. For sure, he was depressed knowing that I have a boyfriend and it was not him. "Why didn't you wait for me? Why did you replace me?"

"I did, but knowing that you're just a dream, I knew that you'd never come back for me and that you'll find someone else..."

"Find someone else? You're the only person that I have ever loved for years." He replied as he shook his head. "I would never replace you with anyone else."

"So...so why didn't you come back!?" I cried out angrily. "Why didn't you come back to me when I felt so alone? You were never there for me! You kept on making me wait for you, and you leave without saying goodbye or giving me a sign that you're ever coming back! And because of that, I found someone -- someone even better and real!"

"Really?" He looked at me. "And does this someone really love you?"

"Yes," I stared at him scarcely. "And I love him! I'm sorry, but you're too late, vampire..."

"Is that so..."

... After he said that, I suddenly felt something different from behind me. When I turned around, I realized that my boyfriend was no longer by my side. He was in his wolf form, wagging his tail and smiling, as he was beside a POODLE. It seemed weird to look at, but I felt somehow hurt. 

Was I just replaced? I thought as I watched my boyfriend walk away with the poodle. (WEIRD)

When my tears began to fall, I looked back at my vampire who was already standing beside me.

"Va-Vampire..." I tried to say as he suddenly kissed me for the last time.

My eyes slightly widened from that short and unexpected kiss. And as his lips separated from mine, he looked into my eyes and said, "I'm sorry... but you're too late as well..."

From that moment, I realized that I was all alone. My boyfriend left me and also my vampire...

Indeed, I was just too late... I cried as I sat on the ground until...

....

I felt a jolt. When I opened my eyes, I suddenly woke up on the living room couch, panting hard. It was such a surprise that after a long time, my vampire appeared in my dreams again, but at a time that it was too late...

I didn't know what I was feeling; I just felt terribly hurt. I wanted to cry, but I can't... I wanted to sleep, but I can't do that either...

What was that...?