Chapter Twenty-six

Start from the beginning

"It's not him," Arthit replied.  

He was exhausted.  He didn't know what he was supposed to be doing.

"What do you mean?  How do you know?"

"I did everything I could.  If Kongpob doesn't remember me, it probably isn't him."

"So you stopped trying?"  Arthit looked at Toota.

"Toota, do you ever wonder why people never remember their past lives?  Maybe it's because they aren't supposed to.  It messes you up.  I can't move forward because I am desperate about my past.  I am obsessed over a person who probably doesn't even exist in this world."

"But you remember!"

"Exactly.  I wouldn't have remembered if I hadn't run into the sea that day.  I wasn't supposed to remember either."

"Fine, if Kongpob doesn't remember you from the past.  Make him fall for  you in the present ."

"If it isn't him then what's the purpose of me trying to snatch him from his girlfriend?  What kind of a person does that make me?"

"What is your plan now?" Toota asked him sympathetically.

"I don't have one. I give up."

********************

They were at the parking lot of the hotel to P' Tum's wedding.  Arthit didn't want to attend the wedding at all.  He was avoiding Kongpob.  He couldn't bear to look at Kongpob's face.  Whenever he saw Kongpob he felt a large lump in his throat.  Even at the reception, Arthit saw how Kongpob was trying to speak to him.

It was unfair of him to ignore Kongpob without an explanation.  He didn't know what to say to Kongpob.

Arthit's history taught him life was uncertain.

He was able to forgive Prem completely and welcome him back to his life.  They were friends once again.

It had been hard for Arthit to move on from the haunting memories.  But he had learned to live with it.

Arthit was laughing hard at something Bright had just said.  It felt good to have his friends back.  Prem had his arm around his shoulder.  It was like old times.

Before Arthit could comprehend what happened, Prem's hand was pushed away from his shoulder.  Someone was pulling his hand.

"Please come with me P' Arthit."

Prem was quicker than Arthit.  He grabbed Kongpob by his collar.  Arthit pulled his hand away from Kongpob's grip.

"How dare you!" Prem yelled.

"Please don't make me hurt you P' Prem."

Prem stared at him in complete shock.  Arthit saw Prem raise his hand.  He put himself between the two men.

"Cut it out you two," Arthit looked at Prem.  "Ai Prem, go take a walk."

"He started it!" Prem complained.  "How can a freshman just talk to me like that!"

"Prem.  Just go... please... I will take care of this.  Ai Knott, can you take Prem for some fresh air?"

Arthit faced Kongpob.

It had been a while since he had seen Kongpob in such proximity.  Kongpob's eyes were red and wild.  The atmosphere around them filled with tension.

"What is it N'."

Kongpob looked at Toota and Bright.

"I need to talk to you P' Arthit."

"You can say whatever you want right here N'."

Kongpob glared at him.

"Fine, you told me you were not stupid enough to get back together with P' Prem.  Did you forget what he did to you P' Arthit?  After everything, how could you accept him?  Is this why you have been avoiding me?  I am disappointed in you P'." Kongpob said angrily.

"Disappointed in me?" Arthit scoffed.  "Why do you care who I let back into my life N'?  Who am I to you?  You don't know me!"

Kongpob stared at Arthit with his mouth open.

"N' Kongpob, I think you should go back inside," Toota told Kongpob kindly.

********************

Kongpob slammed a few crumpled papers on the table in front of Arthit.

"I do know you." 

*******************************************

A/N - Oops.. more cliffhangers .