Chapter Eleven

A/N - I know I should have mentioned this earlier, but if the text is in italics within brackets, it means it's either a dream or a memory.

*****************************************************

Kongpob did not see Arthit since their initiation trip.  He didn't know why he felt restless around Arthit.  The moment he heard Arthit looking for Prem, even when he was barely conscious, made him angry.  What right did he have to be angry in the first place?  Arthit liked Prem and Kongpob knew that.  But it didn't change the fact that it stung whenever Arthit said Prem's name.

Then he had to go and hug Arthit out of the blue. One minute he was talking to Arthit like a normal human being, and before he knew it, Arthit was in his arms.  Even Kongpob himself didn't know what made him do it.  The tension was unbearable to him.  Kongpob felt complete as if his entire life had led to that moment.  The look of fear on Arthit's face crushed him.  Kongpob couldn't explain himself.  What was he supposed to say?

The guilt of his actions made him more frustrated.  Kongpob had a lovely girlfriend.  He wasn't supposed to enjoy hugging people who weren't his friends.  When Arthit didn't show up at the faculty for a week, he got worried.

Kongpob was sure no one knew why Arthit was missing.  He decided to visit Arthit and make sure he was alright.  He wished he hadn't.  When he reached Arthit's room, the door was half open, and the first thing he saw was Prem and Arthit kissing.

Kongpob had never experienced the feeling of jealousy before.  He never really had a reason to.  His girlfriend sometimes tried to make him feel jealous, but it never worked.  He was much loved by his family and friends.

Was this what the phrase 'burning in jealousy' meant?  Kongpob wanted to tear them apart and punch Prem for touching Arthit.

Kongpob didn't stick around to watch any further.  He was furious at Arthit for kissing someone who had made his life miserable and at himself for being bothered about someone who had nothing to do with him.  Arthit hardly considered him as a friend.

"Kong, why aren't you talking to me like you used to?" Pai asked him worried.

"I don't know what's wrong with me Pai; I wish I knew.  I'm always restless, and nothing seems to help."

Pai rested her head on his shoulder.  "Kong, please go back to being your normal self soon. I miss you."

"Pai, I'm right here."   Even Kongpob didn't believe his own words.

********************

[He was waiting for someone, he had been waiting for a long time. 

It was an isolated road.  From a distance, he saw the person he had been waiting for.

It was a young looking Arthit riding a bicycle towards him.

He stood in his way, fuming.

"Did you have fun? 

Arthit looked around and at him with a cold expression.

"Aren't you afraid to be seen with the class weirdo?"

He ignored Arthit and continued.

"You told me you would reject her!"

"Yeah, well she is a nice girl, and she likes me."

"So, you would say yes to anyone who likes you?"

"Get out of my way Prem at least she isn't embarrassed by me."