Chapter 1

Copyright © 2012 by Amanda-Rae White

All rights reserved.

******************The legal penalties for copyright infringment are:

Infringer pays the actual dollar amount of damages and profits. The law provides a range from $200 to $150,000 for each work infringed. Infringer pays for all attorneys fees and court costs. The Court can issue an injunction to stop the infringing acts. The Court can impound the illegal works. The infringer can go to jail****************************

I thought I would branch out a bit and do something new, I know you guys dont like to comment or vote so I've decided I don't care and that I'm still going to put it up for other people to see, so comment and vote if you like, if not then that's fine too. Enjoy reading :)

Prununciation:

Zarla - just how it looks

Chryseious - cry-sea-us

Puritania - pure-i-tan-ee-ah

Vitra - vie-trah

Jason - just how it looks

This first chapter is dedicated to houda789 :) Thank you for actually telling me that my work is good and how you feel about it :) So this one is for you :)

**********************************************************************************************************************

"As most of you know, Puritania has threatened war against us. I have gathered you all here, to assign you your jobs. However, what most of you don't know is the history of our heritage." Chryseious paused for dramatic effect, "We shared this earth with dragons many years ago. After the last war, which they were on our side, they vanished. I need all of you to prepare for working along side the dragons again. They can speak to their riders through a mind link, the riders are chosen as soon as they are seen by their dragons. You will know when you are chosen. Come up to your stations and you will get your assignment." He paused again looking at a note on his podium. "Zarla? I need you to come to my office please."

She sighed and got up. Zarla was the fiercest fighter and hunter among their people. She has charcoal black hair, piercing green eyes, and a lean figure making her light on her feet. She was quiet, fast and the best with a bow and arrow.

Walking into his office he didn't hear her until she said, "What did you need from me sir?" She closed the door smirking at his jump.

"I have a special task for you. You, my friend, are going to find the dragons' cove. It was found once however the location was lost sometime along the line during the three hundred years they have been missing. We treated them well when they aided us during the last war, so you should have no trouble getting them to come to our aid again. While you are there feel free to find your dragon, you will be a part of the fight." He looked at her for the first time since talking to her. Her pale skin against her black outfit made everything stand out on her. She wore a top that clung to her body so she wouldn't get tangled in branches, a skirt that was loose around her thighs so she could run faster, tights to keep her legs from rubbing together, and what some would call flats. She would go without shoes but her officer wouldn't let her.

She knew what he saw, she didn't like being stared at like she was a piece of meat, "Anything else, sir?"

"No. You are free to grab your gear, your horse, and be on your way. I can tell you that it is west from here. I don't know how far and I don't know which direction after that if there is one. I do know that you have three months to find them and get them to help us. This is why I chose you. Because you are the fastest. Now go, come back with the one thing that will save our people."