"Long Story Short"

Start from the beginning

The grey-haired girl kept silent, and she directed her gaze back to the girl sleeping peacefully on her lap.

"I guess I'll get going then," Maki said, leaving the pair to their own devices.

Kotori nodded, her attention still on Umi.

"...Kotori..." Umi mumbled, nuzzling herself closer to the grey-haired girl.

Kotori smiled softly at hearing that, and she gently ruffled Umi's hair.

"Yes, Umi-chan?"

"...save...me..."

The bluenette gripped onto Kotori's skirt, tugging at it pleadingly, her eyes closed, but there was a stressful aura surrounding her.

"I'm here, Umi-chan..." She whispered comfortingly, hugging the archer's head gingerly.

XXXXX

Umi slowly opened her eyes.

"Hello?"

She called out, staring into a sea of darkness.

"Is...anyone there?"

Somehow, she felt normal here, not like that weird quirkiness she had in her ever since what they had did to her.

Of course, there was no reply, so she decided to explore this place for a little bit.

Suddenly, something flashed before her eyes, which caused her to stagger and lose her balance.

"Do you think it'll work?"

"Depends."

Umi heard those two familiar voices, and whipped her head around to look for a place to hide, for fear of them finding her.

"If it does work, you know what this means, right?"

"Course I do!! It means money. Tons of it."

"That is, if it works."

Panic exploding in her entire body, the archer searched frantically for them while feeling for her throwing knives that she normally kept in her dark blue coat.

However, they were not there.

No.

She could feel her breathing quicken, as the feeling of her lungs being constricted struck her.

"Kotori..."

Not again.

"Save...me..."

Then, a swirl of colors surrounded her, wrapping her in a cloak of memories, and confused, she hastily tried to break out of its grasp, but failed.