We're A Team Now (Ch.11)

Start from the beginning

"And who's your person?" He asked leaning down towards me. Our height difference was a lot like me and Finnick's.

"Finnick Odair. He's my person." I say, admitting it to myself.

"So I guess that means you and me are out of the question?" He joking asked.

I scoff, "Do you have a thing for girls who are murderers?"

"No I have a thing for girls who are strong, confident, and beautiful."

"Very smooth blue eyes." I roll my eyes.

"Blue eyes?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Well, we are on a team now so we might has well get used to it." I smirk referencing our earlier conversation.

"So you admit we're on the same team?" He smirked.

"Don't make me regret saying that blue eyes."

He shook his shaggy brown hair and smiled at me. God Katniss is lucky. She's got two totally great guys in love with her.

"So how long until we get to 13?" I ask stepping away from his grip and looking out the window.

"Hopefully not much longer. But I got to say that the company's a lot better now that your awake. You're very entertaining." He says taking a seat on the bed again.

"Ya well I live to entertain others. Just ask President Snow." I mutter.

"He's a dick. We'll get him to pay for everything he's done."

"I know." I sit next to Gale and look away from him. "Do you ever feel bad for him?"

Gale's eyes opened in complete shock, "Hell no! Why would I!? He's a evil son of a bitch who lives to see others suffer. He's a dick and he's going to die."

"I feel the same but I feel bad for him kinda." I meet his eyes, "Gale he really believes he's doing the right thing. He's been programmed to act like this. To him none of this is really that bad. He really thinks making the other districts suffer for the Capitol's sake is okay. He really thinks that throwing 24 kids in an arena to fight to the death is necessary. He's really a messed up and evil guy but I feel bad for him. He doesn't know what's about to hit him."

He sat up and turned his body towards me in total bewilderment, "So let me get this straight. He most likely has killed your family. Has kept you away from your home for 6 years and exploited you. You still feel bad for him?"

"I didn't say I was okay with anything he did. I just feel bad that this is the way he will go down. He'll go down at the hands of what was once suppose to be the greatest system in the world."

"You're unbelievable. I've never met someone like you in my entire life. You get completely fucked over by the Capitol, you're thrown in to the hunger games twice, he kills your family, and you're still willing to feel bad for him. Aren't you pissed?!" 

"I'm pissed Gale. I've spent 6 years a slave to the Capitol. I don't know what happened to my family and the one person who's ever wanted to be with me is still in the hunger games fighting for his life while I'm here. I'm pissed. But I'm not inhumane. I have a heart and I have empathy. I won't stop until he's suffered as bad as I have. But, Snow in his own twisted way believes that he's a great person. I feel bad that he's so oblivious."

He shook his head again and looked at me smiling slightly, "If only there were more people like you in this horrible place."

Another silence fell over us. The silence allowed me to think again. I thought of all of them again. Finnick, Johanna, Katniss, Peeta, and Beetee."

"Gale. I need them to get out. I need them all to get out." Tears starting forming in my eyes. "How is that going to happen. Haymitch and Heavensbee are trying to get Katniss out. What about the rest of them?"

"I don't know Aria. Katniss will think of something. She always does."

The vehicle came to an abrupt stop.

"Gale?" I say panicked.

"We're here." He says standing up.

I stand up and grab his arm, "Gale please don't leave me. I don't know anyone there don't leave me alone with any of them."

He put his hand on my back a gently pushed me forward."Hey we're a team now. I'm not leaving you alone."

"I'm seriously going to hold you to that."

"Please do." 

We stepped outside and were greeted by security escorts. Without a word they pushed us forward towards a building. I looked around me and saw a lot of ruins and rubble around us. I guess no one made an effort to clean up around here. I was still holding on to Gale's arm.

The building was very plain and bright. Not much to say about it.

"How exciting! Our First Mockingjay has finally arrived! We've been waiting a long time for this Ms. Moulson." A voice came from behind us. 

I turned around and breathed out, "President Alma Coin."

She grabbed my hand and shook it, "Welcome to District 13 Aria Moulson."

A/N: NOT EDITED! Hope you all liked it!